Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

i need some reasons for my friend

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by manbearpigx, Aug 4, 2008.

1. I wouldn't try and sway him from doing lsd at all. IMO it is easier to handle than shrooms. Just my preference. I tripped with an ex for her first ever trip, on lsd and she was fine.

My first real psychedelic experience was on lsd as well and I wouldn't have it any other way. Acid is tops.

2. Salvia can be much more intense than acid in many instances. My salvia trips have been much more intense than the two acid trips I've taken. I've had complete ego death on salvia before-didn't on acid. True, it lasts almost no time compared to an acid trip, but that shit can be much more fucked up in so many ways.

3. any time is a good time for acid as long as you're prepared for the trip and know what might happen. inform the dude, maybe trip with him... make it a great experience.

4. Directly from wikipedia.org. I would recommend stopping him at all costs if he has mental issues.

Potential risks of LSD use

LSD is generally considered nontoxic; it may temporarily impair the ability to make sensible judgments and understand common dangers, thus making the user more susceptible to accidents and personal injury. There is also some indication that LSD may trigger a dissociative fugue state in individuals who are taking certain classes of antidepressants such as lithium salts and tricyclics. In such a state, the user has an impulse to wander, and may not be aware of his or her actions, which can lead to physical injury.

5. For real, bro. If he's gonna do it, he's gonna do it. The best thing you can do is make sure you're there for him to keep him from doing some stupid shit and to make his trip truly enjoyable. Honestly though, try to convince him to try shrooms first. Tell him to pick up an eighth of some good shrooms, and just chill with him for a night.

I really don't recommend that he mess with Acid yet. If he has as many issues as you say he does, it would be a VERY bad idea. Albert Hoffman (the creator of LSD) originally intended for LSD to be a therapy drug, something that someone could take while in the presence of a therapist to "bring forward" any underlying mental conditions so that they could be analyzed and confronted.

If he does decide to do it (and I'm sure he will) I recommend the following:

1) Spend the night at his house. It'll be a pleasant, familiar setting in which to trip.
    2) Xanax or Klonopin. Both are anxiety meds and can be very helpful in preventing a "bad trip". I recommend a 1.5 milligram dose at the beginning of the trip.
    3) Music. I don't care what you're "in to", the entire purpose of the music is to create a pleasant atmosphere. Some choice trip tunes:
    - "White Rabbit", Jefferson Airplane
    -"Voodoo Child", Jimi Hendrix (honestly, any Hendrix is good)
    - "Let's Get Stoned", Sublime
    - "Don't Fear The Reaper", Blue Oyster Cult
    - "Bohemian Rhapsody", Queen
    - "Comfortably Numb", Pink Floyd
    - "Kashmir", Led Zeppelin
    - "The Odyssey", Symphony X

4) Literature. One of my favorite things to do when tripping is read. The words seem to magically transform themselves into vibrant and radiant images in my head. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is a personal favorite.

5) Food. As sitter, it is your responsibility to either order food or drive the trippee to some fast-food place (actually, I recommend walking if there's somewhere close. Walking while tripping is amazing).

All in all, if you follow these instructions you and your friend should be fine.

6. i did acid and before that all i had done was dxm salvia and weed and i was fine

7. the two people who i've been around that had a bad trip both took anti-depressants. acid is for mentally stable people....

8. let him do it i'm sure he'll be fine

9. Let him trip man. He'll be okay.

10. i wouldnt encourage it, especially since you say he's on meds for w.e reason.

11. #31 blahblahblahblahblahblah, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
    Acid isn't some super intense "for experts only" kind of drug. Yes, it needs to be respected, but he should be fine as long as he doesn't take way too much of it.

On second thought though, he should use caution if he takes meds for something.

12. You are over-estimating acid