Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I need some information

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by metalback, Jan 11, 2010.

1. I'm in my 50's on disability due to 2 major back surgeries and have 3 fusions. I am on morphine for pain and hate it. I started using pot at home in lieu of morphine and I'm down to one morp pill in the morning to get through the day (In case I need to go somewhere). My state hasn't passed medical marijuana use yet and I'd like to know if I'm eleigible to go to a state that has it and be certified without residency? Thanks for any help.

2. No, every state as far as I'm aware of requires residency. As well, even if you did manage it, once you are back in your state it would not cover you legally, you would be just as illegal as you are now with your usage.

Sorry. :(

3. Unfortunately, no there is no legal way for you to use MMJ in a non-MMJ state.

My god, we need a FAQ.

4. I'm afraid they are right. Your best bet is to either move to a MMJ state, or become an activist and make it legal. Wish I had better news for you. If you move, be sure to get a copy of your medical records!

In the meantime, start educating your doctors by showing them (or anonymously mailing) studies from "Granny Storm Crow's MMJ Reference list" (stickied at the top of the "Medical" forum, or click the link in my sig). Doctors are rather uneducated when it comes to cannabis. Politicians know even less about it, as a rule! Both will contribute to making your state's MMJ laws! If you don't educate them, who will?

Granny :wave: