i need some highspeed photography ideas. I turn to you gc

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Amias, May 9, 2011.

1. I'm into highspeed photography. there is just something about capturing the unseeable that i find satisfying. Anyways i need some ideas(don't say lightning) of stuff that happens really quick that i can take a picture of. Ill post some of my photos so you get the idea.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. What kind of rig are you using?

You should photograph paint leaving a spray paint bottle.

3. i can activate a flash based on sound or light changes. I have the camera axe if you even know what that is..... I like your idea though, Im gonna work on that tonight!

4. I don't know what that is. I know a lot about photography, but not much about high-speed rigs. What kind of shutter speeds (how fast approximately) does that flash allow you get?

5. The camera axe is just the trigger system that times my flash shots. It takes sensorry input and fires at a threshold value that you set. I have a sigma 530 super flash, at 1/64 they say its about 1/30000th of a second, and at 1/128 its about 1/35000-1/40000
    that isnt all that much light to work with, but i have to live with that. I am planing to borrow a friends airspark flash sometime though. that gets 1/750,000th of a second, but works with voltages that can kill you