I Need Some Help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Goky772, Jan 21, 2014.

1. #1 Goky772, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    I'm not sure whats wrong with my plant. It seems like it has an illness. Her leafs on the bottom are getting yellow with dead spots on it. I would appreciate if anybody can diagnose her so i can fix it. If anybody has had this problem, I would appreciate if you could share with me how you fixed it. She's about three weeks, pineapple chunk, growing under a 1000w HPS. She's watered every three days and every other watering i use Super Thrive nutrients. 

Attached Files:

2. [quote name="Goky772" post="19382159" timestamp="1390345113"]I'm not sure whats wrong with my plant. It seems like it has an illness. Her leafs on the bottom are getting yellow with dead spots on it. I would appreciate if anybody can diagnose her so i can fix it. If anybody has had this problem, I would appreciate if you could share with me how you fixed it. She's about three weeks, pineapple chunk, growing under a 1000w HPS. She's watered every three days and every other watering i use Super Thrive nutrients. [/quote]Hi goky, we need more info to help you it looks like the start of a nute deficiency maybe.What kind of soil is it in?Have you fed it anything except the St? That stuff is not really fertilizer is it?Mj

3. no, not really. vitamin b and hormone supplement.

but that soil looks hot, I would back off on using the superthrive. but yeah, we need more info. what kind of water, what kind of soil, 1000w might be a little much for that little adolescent

4. Your plant looks fine; dont over think it. Bottom leaves look funky and die sometimes - its part of life.

How can a soil "look hot"?

j

5. when it looks like a prepackaged soil that's packed with nutrients.

6. The plant is planted in Fox Farm Ocean Forest. I only feed it Super Thrive and distilled water. Ph level is 6.8 which i do need to raise. I have 8 plants under the 1000w and they are all doing fine so I'm not sure if its the light. Poor ventilation and low moisture in the air. I'm not sure how true this is but i was told i packed the soil too high up the stem. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Looks like a slight magnesium or sulphur deffiency. Do you think you might have over fed them? You could flush them or transplant them so roots have new/untoxic soil to feed from.

I would raise the light slightly to be safe, they are only small and a 1000w bulb is a lot of light.

8. How big is your pot? Let me know and I might be able to fix your problem. :)

9. I'll side with Jerry on this.. Your overthinking things.. 1 or 3 lower leafs getting funky is no big deal.. It's a progressive symptom affecting the whole plant in stages to watch out for.. I've run FFOF with good results so your soil is fine..

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54233  The standard leaf-deficiency-chart-

10. It looks like a start to nutrient problem, but its not bad at all. Sometimes leaves do that. I'd say check your ph and if thats good you should probably add some nutrients. 

11. My pots are 1 gallon. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Time for a transplant into a 3-5 gallon pot;)

13. Yea it could be I think he said earlier that he already had checked his ph. I might be wrong but that's the only reason I didn't go straight to that question because he said he had checked it but I thought she might be getting root bound. But it looks like a nute problem to me also but barely I agree with these guys its nothin big the bottom leaf yellowing is normal a lot of the time. The little burn could be anything truthfully. But I said nute burn because that's what I believe it is doesn't look like a light burn to me. Have a good grow. :)

14. #14 Goky772, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    I suspected root bound. Ill definitely transplant and lay off the nutes for a while. Should i cut those bottom leafs?

15. If you want to its not goin to harm her. They amount to nothing in end anyway honestly. You plant looks pretty good actually nice deep green she doesn't need nitrogen. Just get rid of these bottom leafs and she will be fine. Do you water from the tap or distilled?

16. "Ph level is 6.8 which i do need to raise"

Why?

J

17. Yea that's what I'm sayin don't raise your ph anymore if you do then you'll really have problems.

18. Thats why I asked about the water you use. If you use tap water put it in a empty milk jug and let it stand in the jug the night before you water leave the lid off. It lets the chlorine evaporate. If your just mixing ur nutes straight in ur water out of the tap then ur ph will be high bc not only are u mixing nutes in it but the waters ph is already high. Your plant doesn't look bad as of now but its early on. If you repeatedly keep doing it your ph will go up in your soil. Then the problems start. I have years of experience and have seen a lot of deficiences. And I'm just telling this just in case take it as a veteran tip. I'm not tryong to belittle you or anything like that I'm just here to help. And you may not think about it now but everything you put in that dirt goes to the quality of you bud.  ;)

19. I've been told the ideal ph level is 7-7.5. If its not necessary to raise the ph i wont. Another thing is i live in California and was told that the chlorine and mercury in the tap water isn't good for the plant. Thats why i use distilled. I've read the ph levels are perfect. If I'm wrong, please educate me. I appreciate the input. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Ideal ph for soil is 5.5-6.5 with optimum levels 6.0-6.3
    7.0-7.5 is enough to lockout boron, copper, zinc, iron, and phosphorous a little. 7.0-7.5 is way too high