I need some help.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Guap, Mar 25, 2012.

1. I still have them.. They're just broke lol. I thought they had to be in flowering for you to make butter/oil out of them?

2. Oh and they weren't far away from the light at all. Probably about 10 or 12 inches. I don't really know what the problem with them was, but it seemed like they always had more deficiencys and just overall didn't look as good.

3. No they still have thc content in them. Flowering just produces the buds which is the most potent part of course. The rest of the plant still has a small amount of thc that can be extracted.

4. Ohh alright, just sounds like your buddy didnt have enough time to tend to them. If you do pick up growing you will most likely love it lol

5. :eek: Can you please link to me to an easy way to do so with household items?
    Thanks you

6. I already like it, I just can't wait to see the budding in person. Hopefully it will be worth all the effort!

7. The budding in person is so magnificant i must say. I have blazed up countless times just staring at my plants. Its so relaxing and a great way to spend your high.

On regards to making butter, i got the recipe off another thread from another site, duno if it would be against the rules to insert a link of that in here. However i dont mind telling you the procedure its quiete easy.

8. Please do so my friend.

9. What you will need is:
    1. Butter, i choose an unsalted butter since i use it to make sweet edibles. Look for the butter that has the highest fat content because thc dissovles into fat. DONOT use margarine.

2. A cheese cloth or a coffee filter that is made from cloth, use some type of cloth that can be used to strain.
    3. Weed or trimmings/stems

So according to this guy, 1gram of bud = 10 grams of butter. So if you use 3 grams of bud then its 30 grams of butter. You can add a little more if you want. Now if you are only gona use trimmings then it would be like for every 5 grams of trim use 10 grams of butter, since the trimming has less thc content.

Anyway now that you know how much of what to use, bring a pot of water to the stove. Allow the water to warm up and keep the temperature low.

While doing so grind up your plant material finely and have your butter ready. Add the butter into the water along with the cannabis. Allow the moxture to simmer but do not let it boil.

Simmer for 5 hours, 4 hours the very least and stir regularly, you can also press the bud against the pan with a spoon in an effort to try and squish the thc out. This allows the fats to absorb the thc. By the 3rd hour you will notice the color of the butter to be greener.

Once you are close to finishing, bring a cup(i used a plastic solo party cup i post the reason why after) and line it with the cheese cloth or coffee filter cloth, now pour your green buttery water down the cloth making sure that as you do so that the remains in the cloth do no submerge into the water. Now squeeze the shit out of that cloth, strain the crap out of it. Becareful because it will be hott but you need to get as much butterwater that stayed behind in the cloth out as possible. Now that u did that refrigerate for about 5 hours or until you see the top of your cup with a thick hard green buttery substant. This is because butter and water wont mix together and the butter just floats to the top and forms together.

Now get another plate or bowl ready and get a pair of sissors. And cut a bottom corner of the solo cup and also the water to slowly drip out. Btw make the hole very small so that only water may escape. Anyway once all the water runs oyt u are left with a delicious green butter that u can use for cooking convienence. The thc in the butter is already actovated so just need to consume it. Add it to a brownie any baked good. Sorry if this is long hope it helps

10. I just went and clipped most the leaves from them. I have two gallon bags of clippings almost filled. Can I put them in the freezer to preserve them? I'm trying to find a good video on how to do it because I don't want to mess it up. I'm pretty good at messing things up lol

11. Let the trimmings dry, u dont want to put them in a seal anything for a long period of time, they will form a smell and begin to rot. Let it dry out bro

12. Thank you for all your help. About how long do you think I should let them dry for? And how much oil/butter do you think a gallon filled bag will produce? Just an estimate.

13. Np mate and dry Until they are crunchy. Also im not sure how to answer your question. Appearences are decieving so all that trim will look like alot in a gallon wen its not. You would have to weight it. Weigh it once its dry because that will be the true weight. Once its dry u can crush it so that its ground up and easier to manage.

14. All you need to do is go 4 nodes down and then make your 45 at the stem then slit the bottom just a bit this is we're roots will take place make sure you use sterile tools to make cuts works about any part of plant good luck!

15. Would you agree with this video?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDR2vQaNhvE&oref]How to Make Weed Butter ( Budder / Pot Butter / Cannabutter ) Medicinal Method! - YouTube[/ame]

16. Yea man thats the way to do it. I want a crockpot, but yea thats basically it. U can grind the trim more then wat the guy did tho, so that its more managable

17. Thanks again. You might of just saved me some money on smoke for a lil bit :hello:

18. Lol yea its great, and the high from edibles lasts longer as well. Im gona eat my brownie later on today ^_^