I need some help with the book im writing.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by MisterSandman, Nov 10, 2012.

1. So I've been working on this novel for a bit and the main character has just finished growing a lot of cannabis, he's got about 50 pounds of high grade shit, now the dilemma is he doesn't have any idea how to move it. He wants to find a big fish who he can sell it to in bulk. So basically I need some advice on how I can make this as realistic and believable as possible, how would he go about finding someone who buys large quantities of drugs?

2. ...your main character plays basketball, right? (thought so :) ) ....so, he goes to the local basketball court and plays a few games, meets a guy there and gives him a bud....the next time they meet, the new friend wants all he can buy.

3. To be very brutally honest, I love to read but I would never read about some guy who grows some weed and then wants to sell it. I mean, who cares? You need a bigger plot than just growing weed and trying to sell it. That can be an underlying plot but still..

But whatever man lol. To each his own, if you're having fun writing that's what matters.

4. [quote name='"Weasel King"']To be very brutally honest, I love to read but I would never read about some guy who grows some weed and then wants to sell it. I mean, who cares? You need a bigger plot than just growing weed and trying to sell it. That can be an underlying plot but still..

But whatever man lol. To each his own, if you're having fun writing that's what matters.[/quote]

Well that's not nearly the whole plot, that's just the beginning. I just need to figure out a realistic way for him to sell his shit in bulk, like the guy who commented before you said go to a basketball game, I appreciate the input but that doesn't seem like it would be very successful.

5. How about dude goes to a bar and meets some people making high wager bets on sports games and starts selling weight to them . . . .

6. Someone he knows already, or knew from his past? Someone who he meets up with almost by chance?

7. [quote name='"riverroadjack"']How about dude goes to a bar and meets some people making high wager bets on sports games and starts selling weight to them . . . .[/quote]

Hmmm interesting.....I'll definitely take that into consideration, that could go bad though, offer them shit and they might refuse and go to the cops.

8. you trying to do some breaking bad shit but with weed?

honestly the most believable way wont be he just dumps it all in one go. he sells to a few people, they like it buy more, eventually big guys catch wind and confront him. few ways it goes down.
    1. they just take him out(since you said this is just the beginning I doubt you'd wanna go this route)
    2. they just take it all
    3. they like how he grows and offer him a deal to grow for them.
    4. they buy what hes got left, as long as he doesnt grow again.

truthfully for the sake of a book, depending on which way you're taking it, I'd say 2 or 3 works best.

9. he meets a quirky street dealer and uses him to gain contacts higher up.

10. breaking bad lol

11. His partner jessie meets some crazy mexican dude.

12. he gets robbed of a 1/4 or so by some neighborhood thugs. They return determined to find out where he got the bud from. Under threat of his wife and kids being harmed he is forced to show the wankers his setup. Opening the door for SO many plot twists.

I actually have a pen name.

13. Use ancestors, cousins, brothers friends, etc.

14. that's actually not bad

15. He finds a guy who has been a low key dealer for 20 years from a crooked lawyer. This Low key dealer has a chicken restaurant as a front. The dealer meets your character but doesn't like him because he is too unprofessional but your character comes back and convinces the dealer to buy from him. The dealer calls him one day asking to buy all the weed and tells him to meet him somewhere in an hour. But his wife calls your character and tells him that she is in labor. Your character still does the deal because he is just that badass

16. [quote name='"Atomic Stoner"']He finds a guy who has been a low key dealer for 20 years from a crooked lawyer. This Low key dealer has a chicken restaurant as a front. The dealer meets your character but doesn't like him because he is too unprofessional but your character comes back and convinces the dealer to buy from him. The dealer calls him one day asking to buy all the weed and tells him to meet him somewhere in an hour. But his wife calls your character and tells him that she is in labor. Your character still does the deal because he is just that badass[/quote]

And then you use a bitter old man in a nursing home as bait with a bomb attached. The low key dealer staggers out of the room missing half of his face, then collapses and dies.

17. This book is gonna be horrible if you ask people on a website for ideas

18. [quote name='"Kman420"']

And then you use a bitter old man in a nursing home as bait with a bomb attached. The low key dealer staggers out of the room missing half of his face, then collapses and dies.[/quote]

Brilliant. I hadn't even thought of that

19. haha from season 4 of breaking bad

20. [quote name='"PurePowerPlant1"']

haha from season 4 of breaking bad[/quote]

haha you got me.