i need some help please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pil, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Hello all, i need some opinions on my plant please. This is only my second plant grown and the first one was about 4 years ago so im not that farmiliar with the processes in person, although i have done a bit of reading.

My setup and my querie is that i have been growing this plant now for about 5-6 weeks, it is at freinds house so i see it every 2nd day or so. it has been getting light from 8AM til midnight and dark from midnight to 8AM obviously, its in a space about 18 inches wide 1 metre high and 2 feet depth. There are 6 cfl of wich 4 daylight bulbs and 2 2700k bulbs, there were 6 2700k bulbs until about a week ago.

Anyway my freind says he missed the light cycle by an hour a couple of nights and the same in the mornings although he missed this morning by 2 hours so no light till 10AM, I went round today and there are lots of white pistols all over the plant, and what look like the beginning of small buds?? i attatch some pictures and hope someone can help tell me if this plant is flowering as it is still on 16/8 and i think i would need to go 12/12 pretty sharp if it is in flower. I read on the forum it shouldnt show pistols like this until it is a few weeks into flowering? It is supposed to be white widow i bought from a seed company. Thanks anyone who can help me its appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. This is a tough question. From the pics, it does look like it's female and you say it's showing bud so, MAYBE the lighting schedule hasn't been as ACCURATE as your friend has been telling you and she is IN FACT flowering???

If you're not very worried about yield, I'd suggest moving her into 12/12 lighting and flowering her. You CAN reset her lighting and put her back into vegging, but you run a risk of stressing her and turning her hermie.
    Whatever you decide Good Luck! :smoking:

3. Hi, thanks DeadbyDawn im really not sure about it at all. The pics got cropped and i didnt realise till i posted that they were crap, im gonna post them again later properly i hope you can take another look later and someone else can look aswell. It looks like they are the beginnings of small buds but like i say i dont know for sure. Thanks

4. Hi, ok hopefully these pics are better i really appreciate any help i get with this. Also i attatched 2 pics of some cuttings i took 6 days ago and put in rockwool cubes with rooting gel, these also have lots of white pistols and something that resembles small buds. Thanks for looking guys i need help real fast as i need to go 12/12 if they are in flower. Thanks pil.

Attached Files:

5. They DEFINITELY look like they're flowering to me. Hopefully some others will stop in and confirm as well. If I were you, I'd start them on the 12/12 light cycle.
    Good Luck! :smoking:

6. Looks like bloom phase to me, but you should have taken your cuttings before then as now they have to revert back to veg state.

7. Thanks guys ill switch to 12/12, the cuttings i must have took right on the brink of flowering. Any ideas why it is flowering though? as i explained in my first post about the light cycle how can it be?. My freind only missed a few times in the morning and the night by only 1 hour or 1 and half hours max. I know he isnt blagging as i have known him most of my life and if he messed up real bad he would just tell me. It was sold to me as white widow. Thanks.

8. Well, obviously WW is NOT an autoflower. So, you're on a light schedule where your plants are getting 8 hours of darkness everyday. MOST people use 6 hours to ZERO hours during vegging. Since you're only 4 hours away from being on 12/12 light, it is possible that your plants have been "preparing" for the light change due to the weird lighting schedule and your friend missing the schedule a couple of times may have set them off.

9. #9 hipster, Nov 4, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
    Get a timer and you won't have to worry about "missing light times". Lees than $10 at Walmart. ;) I like Intermatic but that's just my preference. It's electromechanical. Model HB35R.