i need some help please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stoneymcpots69, Oct 1, 2008.

1. ok i just decided about a week and a half ago to start growing. I germinated 4 seeds, 1 of which sprouted a taproot. I then transplanted it to a plastic cup with Miracle-Gro moisture control soil with extended release plant food and it now has the first 4 leaves coming out of the top. Its been in there for 2 days now and im kind of in a hurry to get my grow box set up and everything but i had some questions and dont have enough time to do the research i want to. Im using a plastic tote from walmart (like 5-10 bucks) that is 27.5" L x 17.5" T x 18.5" T and i bought some kills and sprayed the inside and the lid so it will reflect light pretty well but i need to know if its going to be enough space to grow in and i wanted to see if it would be a good idea to just grow one plant in a 10" pot or fill the bottom of the tub up with about 6 or 7" of soil. Also i need to know if these titanium dioxide odor eliminating CFLs would be good for growing one plant. And my last question is how long should i wait until i put my sprout in the soil for the last time and also how long should i let it veg...im using the seeds from some mids i got so it will be impossible to predict exactly how long i should veg and flower and what not but any input would be greatly appreciated, thnx.

2. Ok a few things but first get out of that soil right now it will die very soon if not. You no some organic potting soil with no ferts or nutes. Other than that veg untill its half the height you want it. Odour eating cfls are quite good. Should have enough space aswell have a 1 gallonof pot for ever foot you're plant will grow. You can start of in the biggest pot. Also I hjope this is a female!!!

Peace

3. #3 stoneymcpots69, Oct 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2008
    well damn that kinda sux bc i just went out and bought like 4 bags of that shit lol...but ill go and get some other stuff tomorrow...thnx for the advice and i hope theyre gonna be females too :).....oh and btw i was thinking of getting these CFL's http://www.topbulb.com/find/Product_Description.asp?intProductID=51445
    but im not sure if its gonna be too much or not enough for the plant... oh and one last thing lol should i use the pots that i have which are 9.5" tall which would only leave me with like an 8.5" plant or should i just put like 6" of soil in the bottom of the tote??...any advice is always welcome and thnx for yours :)

4. 4 of these = win. They are the flowering spec but will veg fine I use this spec to veg with no problems.

5. 4??? i think im only gonna grow 1 plant for now bc im about to be moving but i was gonna buy one for veg and one for flowering or is that not a good idea lol??? and should i get just 2 or 4???