I need some help please.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by D Rock, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Hello all my name is Derik and Im still kind of new here on grasscity. Here is my problem. I started out with 6 seeds 5 sprouted and all 5 are doing real well. My plants have been under 2 Sylvia 120w spot grow bulbs. I know, I know they are shitty:eek: . The plants have been under 24 hrs of light for about 8 days. I have a 1000watt HPS light that they will go under when its time. My plants are about 8-9 inches tall and are starting to turn a lighter green almost yellowish color in the leaves and also starting to turn a little red or purple in the stalk or stem of plant. Can anyone advise on what might be going on here? I thought that it might be too much water so I tried cutting back on water and it still stayed any with any suggestions.

Oh yeah the starin is Purple Urkle and NewYork Diesel. If someone needs pics I can probably get them posted if need be.

Thank you.

2. Are you feeding them any nutes? Also, I would add the HPS light now.

3. No nutes yet. I was waiting till I transplanted them into bigger pots and then I was going to start on nutes. I was also waiting to see the roots from the holes in the bottom of my jiffy cups before I transplanted them.

Oh yeah my plants are in a jiffy cup with miracle grow soil for vegs.

4. Either they are Nuet hungry or the spotlight is killing them, they can't use that light much:(

5. ok then I should def put them under the HPS?

6. yes after the 3rd or 4th set of leaves its should be strong enough

7. thanks.

8. get rid of that light

9. D Rock from bergen?

10. Nah, must be a different person where is bergen anyway.

11. NJ. I know a D Rock from there who's also named Derik. :p Also NY Diesel is a very popular strain around here. Good luck on your grow though. Careful with that 1000watt HPS or you'll burn your plants.

12. How do you make sure this doesnt happen. This is my first grow by the way.

13. Just keep it about 20 inches or so from the very top of the plant. Adjust accordingly every few days to keep up with plant growth. It's pretty obvious if you singe the top of your plants but they are very forgiving, that's when you know you need to raise it a bit more.

14. Cool thanks I was wondering how high above the plants to hang it.

15. D Rock from NY? basketball player?

16. Cold air during dark cycle can cause purple stem on fan leaves, cold water can cause purple stalk during cloning/vegging. Or, a million other things, LOL !!! But it is one thing you can check and eliminate as a factor.
    G'luk & woof

17. Ok I put the plants under the hps light tonight while they are in the red cups. I will just continue with the 18-24 hrs of light a day. Then switch to 12/12 when its ready to flower. I am going to be transplanting them into bigger pots tomorrow.

18. Interesting thread. I also have reddish purple stems. Check out my grow. Also, post some pix man.