I need some help on this one...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by KeyedAbraham, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Basically, I'm smoking too much weed.

Now I know I'm posting this on grasscity so y'all are probably like "that's impossible", but hear me out.

My tolerance gets too high, I feel like I'm wasting weed by smoking more of it so I can be really blazed but it never really works out cause I just don't get that stoned anymore.

I'm in college and travel a great distance to get to school. I ship weed to myself from home because the quality at school sucks and is more expensive than the beautiful west coast herbs, I can't get high on the local college town weed anymore, just not possible at this point.

While I don't think I'm addicted to marijuana per se (yes that is possible, guys), I have a hard time not smoking while at school. My friends have noticed I'm always the fastest to grab the joint from them or call deuces on the bowlpack or whatever, they make fun of me for that. Smoking weed used to be a festive activity where I could plan my day around just chilling and doing my thing, and smoking weed would be something that would just happen along the way. Now I plan my days around smoking weed.

At home, things are slightly different. I try to not smoke around my family, and I have a girlfriend, so when I'm with her I don't really have the urge to smoke at that point. But at school its boring as shit (small town) and I want to just be able to smoke on the weekends, not constantly think about geting high, and not getting anxious when my friends are slow to pass the bong. The goal next semester is for me to just bring an ounce or two (instead of the usual quarter-pound) and only dank out on the weekends. 

Any ideas on how to make that happen? and to make the whole experience of smoking weed a calmer, more deliberate process instead of a mad rush to get the joint rolled and burned ?

2. Yeah i hate it too when the bros are slow with the green like Cmon dont waste the time, we got everything ready to blaze and they just talk about shit or fuck around with the laptop or some other thing.. But i dont really think thats addiction just excitiment. I smoke a couple grams a week so i dont really have the urge all the time. Of course i feel like the boring things can be the ultimate fun with weed yeah, but you gotta change your way of thinking.. best wishes my friend

3. If you feel like its an addition, its an addiction. People get addicted to eating toilet paper now adays so its not impossible to be addicted to something that doesn't have "chemically" addictive properties.
    You could try and compensate for your over-exposure by upping your exercise and the rate in which you expel toxins, lots of water and clean food. By cleaning out your body, you make it more effective, therefore you should process the THC more affectively.
    OR you force yourself to take a break. Chew gum. Go for a walk. Play a video game. Draw a picture. Volunteer at the soup kitchen. Join a club. There are literally a million things to do besides smoke weed. You tell yourself that you only get to smoke on the weekends, and that's it. No bargaining with yourself or giving yourself a pass, hold yourself accountable.
    OR you could just switch to a much more potent delivery system, like dabs or pills or something. I'm pretty sure you want to go in the opposite direction though.....

Good luck

4. #4 Live_Life, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
    Dude you have, I kid you not, almost exactly the same situation as me. It's almost scary hah, the reason why I even came on now was to post pretty much what you just posted but now I'm reading your replies as well to help with suggestions hahah. When you said "now I plan my days around smoking weed" dude that hit me so hard, that's the best way I can think of putting it. I always get back into smoking more than once a day at night, always. I always justify it to myself, like 3 weeks ago I was doing my normal once a day at night, high as fuck everytime. 2 weeks ago it was gonna be so dead at my job so... "Might as well bring my bud to work" (like what always eventually happens again) and well, since then, everyday I've smoked one or two bowls during the day before my main sesh at night and my tolerance has shot up so much it's crazy.

I'm legit wasting bud, before I would pack one bowl at night to get high as hell and every bowl after was depending on literally how absolutely high I wanted to get haha. Now I pack a bowl to feel a decent feeling that doesn't even last long until my next bowl I do. Everytime I finish a bowl I can't help but think how much bud I'm wasting because this one bowl used to get me high as fuck and tbh that's all it would take but because of my justifying smoking weed for literally everything, this happens. Errands? Smoke. Going out? Smoke. Anything boring or mundane? Smoke a bowl before. Literally just like you said I think about that next bowl or first hit so much that I plan my things AROUND it.

What I can say about being anxious and grabbing the joint first is to change your perspective and just think about it as having a good time with good laughs, not making sure you can get as high as you can before the sesh is over because your tolerance is high (let's be honest, it was the same with me too haha) but about two weeks ago I decided to stop thinking in a greedy way and just enjoy the time and it finally stopped, I started to enjoy my high and appreciate where I was at instead of being super anxious and it has helped. I think what it comes down to having complete control, we know it we just don't do it or justify smoking more which at first is great but always eventually goes to this point we're at now because tolerance shoots up. Discipline and control.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum