I Need Some Help Blades And Bladettes

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stealthsmokerman, Apr 27, 2014.

1. OK I am approaching harvest and I have read and read and thought I understood but read some more. And when I comes to flushing there is so much confusion.

Are you supposed to water with double the amount of water during flush for 14 days everyday or just plain water as needed?

Anyway you guys can clear this up for me and probably 30,000 new growers? I'm using fox farm in a soilless mix if that helps

Sent from my N9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. There is a lot of debate about flushing but i can tell you it is important.

You want to (in an ideal world) flush with ph water 3x the amount of the pot, so 5 ltr pot you would put 15 ltr, to do this you would need to take the plants to the bath or outside if you can. Let them dry and the n carry on watering as normal but with just ph water.
    I start this 2 weeks before harvest and continue until all my leaves are yellow and dying because they have no nutrients and are flushed of all impurities.
    I dont really do the bath thing though cos i scrog so i just change my feeding to normal water until the end.

3. Thanks man I did a bath yesterday with Luke warm water and I'm am going to let them dry then water like normal. Maybe give another flush next week.

Sent from my N9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. No worries.

5. Depends on your set up but you obviously need to choose what works for you. I either switch the res water with fresh stuff a few times over the last few weeks or if running perpetual I just turn off the supply to the plant that is ready and feed through some clean water and hand feed it fresh water until harvest.

I also claim to have done a good part of my flushing before I begin by not adding in all of he extra additives along the way. I figure if I keep the feeding simple it will help keep the final product clean too.

I am not keen to buy into the flushing additives either....kind of strange logic behind it really.... =S

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. I agree with everything you have just said, less nutes throughout a grow is the best thing you can do, its always better to underfeed than overfeed your plants.
    Flushing additives are also pointless in my eyes, although i watched a green house vid that said flushing should be done using a light EC first, as salt binds to salt, then flush with ph water. Have you ever heard or read this.