I need some help/advice GC

Discussion in 'General' started by excaliburr, Jul 28, 2010.

1. First off, whats up GC? This is my first post but I've been looking around for a little while, and I have got to say this forum provides some of the most thought out, relevant, and straight up helpful answers that I have seen out of a forum. Here is my problem. My dad has a childhood friend that just came up that I met for the first time. He really is friendly and everything and he told me he works in the white house and makes hundreds of millions of dollars and that if I ever need anything don't hesitate to call. I'm thinking "cool, i have a new random-ass benefactor." Until dinner time when he says that I should go down to DC next summer and he would get me an apartment and a $3,000ish internship IN THE WHITEHOUSE. I'm from NY, and am going to be a sophmore in college this year. I know how much of an opportunity this is, but to be honest politics is absolutely not my thing, and I really would miss my friends and hometown. Plus, I'm pretty damn sure I'd have to piss in a bottle every three weeks or so, and thats a bummer too. So what do i do GC?

tl'dr: should i take an internship at the whitehouse next summer, or enjoy my summer at home with friends and weed?

2. even if you don't like politics an internship in the white house would look bomb on resumes. Personally I would do it, it would be bad ass. But I don't smoke like a chimney either

3. well this depends on a few things. frist of all, do you need the money? if you dont then dont go and definately not if politics isnt your thing. also are you doing good in college? if your doing fine and you feel it wont be hard to get a job after i see no reason in you going. if your grades arent 3.0+ then you should probably take the job and sacrafice the couple months to open up a new job oportunity. it really all depends. i wouldnt take it cause i dont like that kinda shit but if it pays well and you think it would benifit you then by all means go for it! hope this helped:p

4. Hahah I never even thought about the badass part- I could do it just to say that I worked in the whitehouse:cool:

A college kid could always use some money;) and my grades are pretty good (3.5+). But being a bio major, I can't really think of how this would benefit me in that respect.

thanks for the legitimate replys guys:wave:

5. I call B.S.

6. makes=has, sorry

7. yeah I noticed that too :confused:.

8. i say dont do it. i dont have a really good reason but yeah, i dont see how a bio major could need or even use experience in the white house. on the other hand, the money would be nice. so whatever. but i still say dont do it.

9. #9 LegitBaller, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
    random ass benefactors dont exist on this earth.

10. Be careful. It's pretty rare to get something for nothing, especially in Washington.

11. QFT.

Dunno what I would do, its nice to have people think "youve made it" but... then again look who you'd be working for :eek: