I need some grow box advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by whitekid135, Oct 20, 2007.

1. So I quit my job and decided to grow weed :)

I figured a nice little grow box will do the trick. I'm not experienced but I've done my reading and am giving it a try. I build a box out of some cardboard its about 2ft x 2ft and 4 ft tall. Its not thin cardboard its pretty thick and durable. I'm lining the inside with "Chrome Duct Tape" I couldn't get my hands on any Mylar and was at Wal-Mart and figured it would do the trick. I cover the bottom with some Styrofoam and then covered that with some thick black plastic to keep and water from getting to the cardboard. I'm planning on getting a HPS light system with a nice reflector. Also I believe I'm going to install (2)4in. duct fans one for intake one for extraction. The intake moving slightly faster then the outtake to keep good airflow. The outtake will also be hooked up to a Carbon air filter to keep out those incriminating smells. I'm try to decide between a Hydroponic or geoponic system. What would be the best for a quick harvest with a good yield? If there is anything else i need to know please feel free to tell me. I've include pic's But its not done yet so bare with me.

[​IMG]
    - THE BOX

[​IMG]
    - WOODEN SUPPORTS ON THE TOP OF THE BOX

[​IMG]
    - FOAM COVERING BOTTOM

[​IMG]
    - THE BOX OPEN WITH REFLECTIVE TAPE ON THE INSIDE (NOT DONE TAPING YET)