I need some fast help with some clones!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by starvinmarvin, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Followed some tips on cloning, outcome is disasterous! Any suggestions are appreciated. I used Olivia's cloning gel to dip the cuttings into, No Wilt to spray on the fresh cuts and Hydroguard to water the fresh cuts. 15 hours later and they are dropped over. Some of the leaves are starting to get dried up. This is the best pictures I can get. I followed the directions precisly on the bottles. I'm working with #1 Skunk and the mothers are looking great!
    Ideas about what I might have done wrong or what I can do to save the clones is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. what's in their containers? ..it looks like soil

are you giving them bottom heat?

You used no wilt to spray on the fresh cuts? ..do you mean you sprayed it on the bottom of
    the stems that are now under the soil?

...if you did then that'd be the problem. The bottom of the stem is where water will enter the
    plant and go up to the leaves, no wilt coats things with a "protective film" so no water is able
    to enter the plants.

Maybe that's not what you meant.

3. I cut them on a 45 degree angle and scrapped 1/4" above the cut, then I dipped the fresh cuts into the Olivia's Cloning Gel, I put them into soil. Then I sprayed the leaves with No Wilt and watered with Hydroguard. I put them under 40 watt fluoresant light that was 6" above the plants. I got these instructions off line and the person had good results. After I took the pictures last night I took them out of the soil and put them into straight water. As of this morning they all seemed to perk back up. Some of thetops look like they are dried out, almost like they got too much light.
    What do you think I should do at this Point, how can I save them. I've never had any luck with cloning. These plants our very important to me and I appreciate any help you can give.
    Starvinmarvin

4. spray and put in a freezer bag. it keeps the humidity very high, perfect for rooting. Alternatively, you can just put another cup over it, creating a little dome, and plastic wrap it.

5. watch the cloning streaming video on my site,(see link below) it may be of some help

I have 100% success rate

6. doesnt seem to work. using firefox

7. Clones need high humidity...