Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

i need some advise...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Shamrock0820, Jan 28, 2005.

1. ok i have been smoking for a good 7 months. i went from a once a weeker to a every other day smoker. i do not smoke a lot maybe a joint at nights when im by my self. Right now i've had the flu(sp). i havent been smoking since tuesday night. In the last couple of weeks smoking i feel like when i stop smoking for a couple days i feel depression, now is that from smoking weed? :confused: another question about tolerance... say if i smoke everyday and i stop for a week and keep doing that does my tolerance build up faster each time? if anyonme could answer these questions i would greatly apriciate it.

2. obviously your depressed because you stopped tokin..just fight it man it goes away with time...and idk about the tolerance thing, it depends on the person i guess

3. getting high mainly is the chemicals in the marijuana being reliesed into your system and doing their thing getting all happy from it however is the chemicals opening the dopamine receptors in your brain up to accept more dopamine which is ur happy chemical.... theres a finite amount of it at any given time tho and if u open up the receptors to take in more theres less later which is u ur all bumed out..... and one week on one week off is an awseome way to keep tolerance low not raise it more
    :D

4. actually, i've always thought weed didn't change moods. it only intensifies emotions you already have going. i could be wrong though. i recently stopped and might've suffered a mood swing. it would explain some things. eh, i don't really know. i wish i could get some facts. can anyone link me to some research?

5. erowid.org im addicted to that site.

i definately woudlnt say it intensifies emotions sometimes it makes me feel better about shitty situations not really tho. i never thought i was one of those people who used drugs because they were depressed but i really am kinda sucks. lately ive been getting alot of headaches and the only thing that makes them go away is weed i dont think thats really addiction tho i just think weed is a good painkiller. better then tylenol at least

6. i've been smoking for about 8 years now and my tolerance levels are really high. I can't even smoke UK soapbar coz it does nothing to me. Tue/wed i was in amsterdam and we smoked an ounce between 3 of us in the space of about 25 hours. Which is not bad going seeing as it was all very strong fresh dam punk.

But yer fight through the depression it will go and as with any drig the more you take the more you will need to get mashed.

7. your just smoking a lot, ha i do the same. You can make it a few days without bud dude its not the end of the world. I smoked like 3 times a day stopped for a week and when i smoked again i could barley move hahahah, probably just the quality of the bud though