I need some advice.

Discussion in 'General' started by Pizzapan, Jan 11, 2013.

1. First time poster, not sure if this is the right forum, I apologize if its not.

Ok so I'm a casual smoker. I usually don't have my own stash, just smoke with friends when I get chance. If I go over their house and they are drinking beer, I drink beer, smoking weed, I take a couple of hits. I believe any law concerning pot to be an absolute joke. People who are acted of it are closed minded and ignorant.

Now that I got my background out of the way here is my situation: there is a very good chance that I will be in court soon battling for the custody of my daughter. I work two jobs and support the majority of daughters bills (health insurance, food, diapers). I am concerned that her mother will bring up my weed usage in court, as she is one of the aforementioned close minded people who vilify marijuana, especially if it could score her a moral victory over me. If anyone here is experienced with this type of situation or has any insight it would be greatly appreciated. Will my occasional weed usage adversely effect my custody case? I have never been arrested and work 60 hours a week. I don't smoke when I have my daughter.

Much appreciated

2. Unfortunately, yeah, your weed usage is going to affect your case if it's brought up.

You're already at a disadvantage, being a male. Custody cases generally don't favor the male unless the mother is a crackhead or some shit. Any little niggling point that your ex can bring up is going to count against you far more than any niggling points you have against your ex. Just the way our "justice" system works.

Good luck man.

3. Stop smoking and call bullshit man. When it comes down to it you do whatever you have to do to keep your child in your life.

Wish you the best of luck man.

4. I am in the same situation as you and it will definitely go against you if its brought up in court.

Good luck man. Hope everything works out for you :)