i need some advice on a carbon scrubber

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by zildgin, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Ok here is my situation grow a 4x4 table in a seperate room in my garage.
    I also live in the typical american neighborhood where the house's are close to each other. With the 4x4 table the smell gets kinda bad but it only rite before harvest and its not a MAJOR issue.

I have never grown on a large scale b4 but my plans are that on my next grow I will be running two 3x6 flood tables.
    The strain is island sweet skunk I will be flowering 15 plants per table. 30ttl

I have never used a carbon scrubber b4 based on the info what size will be needed to keep this under wraps. And is it even possible to keep the odor down.

And if it is possible will just a carbon srubber good enough.

Thanks in advance

2. How big is the room? You would have to vent the whole room or wall off the area you're growing in. They're are some really good DIY scrubbers on here or you could just buy one. The size of the filter and the fan depend on the space you're working with.

3. most places that sell carbon filters give you the info. on what size fan you need, and the area it will cover. scrubbing is a method of using your carbon filter to clean the air of odors. when you use your filter as a scrubber, you're not venting out of the grow area. it cleans the air of odors, and the air remains in the room. this is the method i use, it works great!

4. The room is a 10x10

5. Yea I understand the concept of the scrubber I just have never used one. And I guess my true question is are they as good as they claim. And will they completly eliminate the odor or just lessen it. With 2 3x6 tables with 30 plants in a 10x10 room in my garage in a neighborhood that I should be considered to be out of mind for growing in...in the 1st place.

6. using a filter as a scrubber works very well for me. if i was you, i'd get two medium sized ones, and place them at opposite sides of the room. much better results this way. i have mine come on for about 10 minutes every 20 minutes or so. you can experiment and see what works best for your situation....

7. And what is considered medium? maybe 750cfm

And what about Ona gel will this harm the taste of my plants?

8. the sites that sell them can give you some good details. i'd say maybe 24" tall with at least a 6" fan. i think mine is about 490 cfm. ona works well. but with a large number of plants, not so well.

9. Uvonair UV-In-Line Duct Ozonator (High-Output UV Bulb) - 8 in
    [​IMG]

I would get one of these.... it will last longer than a scrubber will

you could vent your entire space out of your garage and no one will smell it... the way these work is the longer its in contact with the stink the better it works, so use a long tube to saturate the stink out of the air

a word of caution... ozone is dangerous to humans... so you want to vent this to a attic(ideal) or out of the house some place...

from time to time you need to access the bulbs for replacement and cleaning... but this work work for a large area like your trying to de-stink

good luck...

10. that is a good idea.

Has anyone had any experiance with this vs the carbon scrubber?

11. rumple uses one i believe.... but i know people with smaller versions and love them, but once again their pumping into their attic.... I've been up there, zero smell... I wish i had one of these...