Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I need some advice from seasoned medicinal growers/users. Please

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Dr. Green Thumb, Mar 23, 2009.

1. I am looking to buy seeds from a seed bank but I have some question's I would like to get answered first.

First things first, why are some seed banks more expensive then others? Does it have to do with the quality of the seeds? Like, Delta-9 I heard was reputable, also I heard Nirvana was very reputable, both reputable for having REALLY potent strains. But Delta-9's prices were about 5 x's more expensive then Nirvana's.

Second of all, I am looking for suggestions as to which seed bank to go with. For professional, stealth, quick delivery, as well as good seeds. Price is negotiable with me, I do not mind paying extra for better quality or assurance of females/more potency. Some direct link's would be awesome to your favorite seed bank and strain.

Third, I am a medical user. But I do not live in an area where the local law enforcement believe's in medicinal use. So again, stealth is key. But, what strain would you recommend? I read where Nirvana's White Widow description stated it was the most potent of all "weed" genetics? Also said it was the highest THC content of all marijuana strains? Is that true? About white widow, and if it is true, is Nirvana's strain what the description says it is?

Also looked at the Sweet Tooth from Barney's Farm Seeds.... Looked really nice, said was good for medicinal use. I have problems with anxiety and depression, as well as Spondylitis (sp) (chronic back pain/pressure). What are some other stains I may look into as well that may help with my stated medical problems. Also I am an old overgrow browser, for years, what ever happened to BOG. His seeds I heard were quite potent. Also had some medical strains Lifestream it was maybe? as well as Sour Bubble (SBX 3) ?

Anyway, Im looking for a medical strain with also a high that doesnt make me sleepy. I need MJ that will give me a boost of energy as well as make me very relaxed and calm. I naturally have anxiety problems, but also need a strain to help me sleep because i have chronic insomnia.

Please feel free to provide me with links or names of the strains u like best and what seed bank's carry better assurance and higher potency with their product's.

Basically, I would also like to know about the seeds again, like, is nirvanas white widow any more potent or better then another seed banks white widow? please help!

2. upping for ppl to see. please help

3. Most seedbanks breed their own strains that can have much higher levels of THC, e.g. Barney's "Euporia".
    Try this website, I buy from them now and the seeds have done pretty well.

They also give you a free book or cd if you do stealth :smoking:

4. nirvana's seeds r cheaper because they r f2 seeds. if u want the best quality seeds then u need to get seeds that r f1 from the company. Barney's Farm, and Delta both sell f1 seeds.
    again though some people like nirvana, but in my personal opinion i'd pay the extra 10 for f1 seeds.

5. the site above is bs read the tos basicly if the seeds wont germinate your fucked go with Nirvana i have so many friends that bought from there no problem

6. There is a Medical forum here, a Growing forum, and a Seedbank forum. This isn't any of those.

7. #7 abnormldood, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
    I'd definately purchase them from Attitude. It's very quick and stealthy and they have so many strains to choose from. I'd say White Widow would definately fit your description, it's an all-around great hybrid strain. I'd go with Greenhouse though.

8. but, but, we can't ask every new member to actually read the rules so that they would know about the different sections of the forum.

I mean, in all honesty, that would just be an ubsurd request! :eek:

9. True, what was I thinking. It really is absurd to expect people to know how to read! :smoking:

10. what is the difference between f1 and f2? whats it mean?

quality?

11. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=f1+and+f2+genetics

It has to do with the genetics of the strain.

an f1 seed is the first generation.. it will be 100% that strain and nothing else. an f2 seed is going to be the 2nd gen. and will not be as pure as f1. the further you go (f3, f4, f5) the less likely that that strain will have the same characteristics as an f1 seed. They are going to have mixed genetics from other strains as well, and thus will most likely not grow as well or be as potent.

-edit-

wooot.. 303rd post from the 303!! lol

12. It's possible to get back to close to the F1 characteristics and thus lock down desireable traits by backcrossing with the original parents and subsequent hybrids. It generally takes about 10 generations to get what I consider to be a true breeding strain.

13. yeah, i've never really dealt with actually trying to make my own seeds and all of the genetics, I'm just going off of your typical college biology education in regards to the generations and such. I know there is a whole lot more about how to cross different types and come up with your own pure cross strains, i've just never had the time or knowledge to really care about it :smoking:

14. Ty everyone, I think I will go with Sweet Tooth and White Widow.

As well as some Lemon Haze