I need lighting advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kerbob16, Mar 4, 2010.

1. I recently purchased a 50 watt fluorescent strip light and installed it into my grow box. The grow box is 37"H, 22"W and 14"D. The light looks fantastic in there and im pretty sure its good enough for vegitative growth, but im not possitive it will be good enough for flowering so i need some expert advice.

So can 2, 50 watt fluorescent strip lights be powerfull enough to produce some nice buds? or will my plant be week..

2. come on guys i really need help with this

3. You will do ok with that, better than cfl's, be sure and get the right bulbs when the time comes.

You could add a couple more little t-5's and it wouldnt hurt, they are like 30 bucks each.

more light = more yield

4. for that grow space i would recommend a 150 watt hps light. You are gonna get tons more lumens out of an hps light then you will out of standard florescent or cfls. With more lumens your plant will produce denser, frostier, stickier, smellier buds for sure. No matter the strain. Try the SCROG method so your plant doesnt get too close to the hps since you are in a small area.

5. thanks for replying guys!

Id love to buy an HPS but i dont have the money for it. these 50 watt fluoros were the only thing i saw at home depot that were the right size that i could afford. Plus ive already purchased the fluoro so i dont want to dismount it and return it after all the work it took to get my dads crappy drill to start working so i could install it haha.

6. Kerbob, it sounds like you have your lights sorted out. Do yourself a favour and check out the how to guide about LST (Low Stress Training), and have a look at some SCROG (Screen Of Green) set ups if you can. These two methods of growing are extremely good for maximum efficiency (highest yeild) in smaller gardens.

Good luck!

7. Please don't double-post...

8. thanks malski! ive thought about LST and ive decided its not right for me at the moment. The seed im planting on monday will be my first grow its a mexican sativa so it shouldnt be too difficult. But im most likely going to buy another pot and plant 2 seeds just incase i get a male. I dont think i want to do lst until im more expirienced.

Toastybiz my bad dude i posted it here because i realized this was a better place for my topic but i couldnt delete the other post and no one replied to it anyways.