I need help!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Soad1234, May 22, 2012.

1. I just started up a grow about 4 days ago and I am worried about two of my seeds. They have risen to the top of the soil, and are visible, but they have yet to start growing. I can see a root coming out of them, but my other plants are already growing leaves. These you can just see the roots. What do u recommend I do?? The seeds have been visible for 2 days.

2. put the seed under the soil

3. I'd keep them moist by putting a dome or baggie or something over them..this will help to soften the shell allowing it to crack open easier.

4. Sounds like the seeds have gotten old. They get alot harder as they age. The result will be what you described.....cracking open but not "growing" out of the seed pod....a brown skin under the seed covering that keeps the plants from opening up ( I usually pull that off ASAP)....etc,etc. My solution comes from Jorge Cervantes Grow Bible. A small box lined with light sandpaper. Put the seeds you're going to germinate in it and gently (sometimes not so gently) shake it for a few minutes. The last oldies I had I shook for almost 7 minutes. You'll see the seed dust and know you did alright. Soak in warmish water in the dark for 24 hours in a cup/glass/jar and then transfer to a kitchen papertowel lain in a styrofoam plate and keep moist....not dripping wet....just moist. Dont let it dry out. Too much water will drown the seeds and they'll turn black. The idea is to take some of the seed wall off so they arent so hard and then to soften them so they will open. Works for me after all these years. With old seeds you have to be on top of them....once they crack and start get a fine pair of tweezers and help them all you can to open without damaging any. And good luck. Grasshopper