I need help with my Windows 7

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Tumble, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Alright so i'm pretty pissed
    i am loving windows 7.. so much better than vista.. i love the feel of it
    but wait.. of course microsoft fucks it all up and half of my fucking devices dont work with my laptop at the moment
    My damn bluetooth mouse, external harddrive and even my damn dvd-rom arent recognized/ "device cannot start (Code 10)"-- along with my printer and blackberry arent recognized either
    my damn external harddrive doesnt even show up on disk management and there is a "USB Mass Storage Device" under device manager but of course, its yellowflagged along with the bluetooth device and the dvd-rom
    my blackberry doesnt even show up and Blackberry desktop manager doesnt even recognize that its connected
    WTF MICROSOFT
    and my external hd is probly the biggest deal-- i cant find any fixes online, no drivers for windows 7 for it, no help

I figured there had to be a few brilliant computer whizs on here that are better at this than i am
    please help me fix my damn laptop

(i have W7 32-bit) .. actually think i should have done 64 bit but windows says my HD is compatible with the 32 bit and not the 64, but wait, they are wrong.. its not compatible so i wanna know whats the best way to figure out if i should have the 64 bit

2. and i have a Fujitsu T5010 Lifebook Tablet

3. You realize it's not Microsoft's fault if drivers aren't compatible with their OS, right?
    This happens with every new release and people just don't get it.
    However, I should say that I've run into no issues with drivers yet on the 10 computers I've installed 7 onto.

As far as the hard drive...what version of Windows did you format it in?

4. #4 pmb6967, Nov 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2009
    Doesn't sound like a driver problem to me. If its that wide spread that even the external hard drive isn't being recognised. I would say you have some sort of system error. Reload the OS and try again. Not sure if you mentioned you did that.

This is a legit copy correct? Seems like something got screwed up with the install.

Plus "all" drivers for vista will work with win 7.

5. another satisfied customer

6. While it's definitely a possibility that something is corrupt, it's hard to say with the information we have. It really depends on how the hard drive was formatted, as well. My external that was formatted using XP Pro is unusable on Vista and 7.

7. Vista got a bad rap, I witnessed much more success then failures with Vista. Bandwagon haters let their voices be heard, unfortunately Vista just isn't/wasn't as bad as they say.

Though, 7 is still leaps and bounds beyond Vista as far as usability and stability are concerned. 7 also seems to be bringing in a fresh group of people who see it as a great OS, especially for it's initial release. XP has remained the "standard" for Windows, but people seem to forget that it was bashed heavily when it was first release. And it had a plethora of weaknesses prior to SP2.

8. The drivers might actually work if you right click the driver .exe file and click property's and then the compatability tab, at this point there should be a check box that says run this in compatability mode, check that box and then in the dropdown menu chose vista SP2. Under that is a check box that says run this as administrator, check that as well then click ok and try to install again.
    if you have any futher questions about this chat with me on my friends site www.mikeshomegrown.com
    there are also a bunch of windows 7 tutorials here install windows seven from a usb key or jump drive | How To Grow Bud

9. i have even gone thru the microsoft website searching for a support contact, and when it asked for my product ID, it kept saying i wasnt inputting it in the correct format when i CLEARLY was.. so im leaning toward thinking it is something with my installation
    -- could i have anything to do with the fact that i downloaded it off of my university's site (we got free windows 7 upgrade when we bought windows with our laptops thru the school)

where can i find the drivers .exe file?

10. i have reinstalled my windows 7 but both times with my old files remaining on the hard drive.. i am actually unable to figure out how to completely wipe the hard drive and use my windows 7 cd to install it
    i do not understand how so many of my devices cannot have their drivers installed successfully

11. you can get drivers from the computer manufacturer

and like said above it is not microsofts responsibility to make compatible drivers

12. If you used a non-legit upgrade copy, you might need to download a new version. My friend brought me something similar and that turned out to be his problem.

We re-installed vista again, then upgraded with a legit copy, and it worked fine.

Chances are that there's a bad cracked copy or something floating around.

13. It took less than a week for Win7 to update/install all the necessary drivers for my inspiron notebook. For a while there I couldn't use my touchpad, speakers, headphones, mouse, or share files on the home network.

14. Yeah i found i couldn't share or even ping my computer on my network until i activated (cracked lol) windows.