I need help with my lighting please!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by green7, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Im trying to figure out if I should use either one-1,000 watt light or should I use two 400 hundred watt lights to grow super skunk. whats the difference in wattage as far as growing and does one method grow faster than the other one. How many plants can I get from either light or lights (as far as using two 400 watt lights at two different angles to rotate and get more light to more plants or one-1,000 watt light). Which is better I need to know the truth about this. The width of the room is 11 feet,6 inches. The length of the room is 14 feet,8 inches. From the floor to the ceiling its 7 feet with two attic slants that are 8 feet long in width and 6 feet long in length. Its a residental dwelling in a attic so I sure its running off of 110v.:cool:

2. I'm sure there will be others to disagree, but I would go with the 1000w. You will be giving off more lumens with the 1000 vs. the two 400s. Typically, you want as many lumens as you can get. With the 1000w, you could successfully SOG up to about 25 plants, (1000w light will cover about a 6.5'x6.5' area) but I wouldn't go with more than 10 if growing individually. Theoretically you could grow more than that, but you will reduce your yield.

3. Yeah, with my 1000 watter and space I can get 9-10 in comfortably with good canopy coverage.

If doing a SOG though, you could pump those numbers up. ;)

4. I suppose it depends on how you set up the grow room. The 1000w in a larger room is going to create a hot spot that the exterior plants will bend towards, so just be ready to move your uneven growers around.

I could suggest two 400w lamps if you used light rails and grew in a scrog setup. By moving the lights you can put them much closer to the plant tops maximizing the penetration power and minimizing wasted and reflected light.

Essentially it comes down to the shape of the growing space and what will fit.