I need help with light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by stankokul, Mar 25, 2011.

1. HI,this is gona be my frist grow so i need help what light to choose,
    wanna use 400W Lamp - Sylvania Grolux it said that is"Lamp Sylvania 400W Grolux - bloom and growing range,
    extended range of light + 40% white / blue light ratio, sockets E40, luminous flux 58000 lm."
    can i use just this one lamp or i need two lamps for growing and blooming and i
    wanna use it in a home made box size 53cm x53cm x130cm(20.86inch x20.86inch x51.18inch)with vent and other stuff,
    probably gonna grow 4-5 plants,heights 40cm-60cm(15,75inch-23.62inch)so what size of pot should i use for that?and it comes with PRO VT-400W ballast and Shade classic large,see picture
    [​IMG]
    THX

2. Not really, it takes like twelve hours before anyone even views the thread nonetheless give useful info

:p

3. not true i got a reply in like an hour but dont listen to these cats on here i dont care what kind of light it is if its 400 watts u will do great just keep ur babies cool if its hps it will be best for flowering but since u said its made for this shit then just use it and u tell us what happens i heard the hps during veg makes it stretch more but who cares ur gonna make mistakes being a first time grower and if i had it i would just hook that hoe up and forget about it u might get maybe 10 percent more doin it the "correct" and more expensive way like im using cfls and im happy i wish i had ANY high powered light

4. Oh and start with lil pots and when the roots come out the holes in the bottom go to something bigger but not too much bigger u wanna work ur way up to the big ones like id do one twice the size evey time but shit use whatever u got the plants arent too picky

5. hi,thx for replay but if I gonna spend some money(well not much like on LED) wanna use right things for growing,is this ok to use Electrox CFL 250W - Dual Spectrum,THX again

6. hey stankol i was wondering if u came to a conclusion on which light/ballast u are getting because im thinking of moving up into the wonderful world of high powered lighting but my closet is small so heat build up is a big concern for me. maybe one of those 70 or 100 watt mini ones just to help my grow idk. what u think?

7. let me google it ill text back in a minute

8. couldnt really find it but if its either wide spectrum or 5000k to 6500k it should be fine for veg but dont be fooled cuz u want 250 actuall watts for a good looking cfl plant u know what i mean? it says on the box like 150 equivelant but its actually like 50 watts. i use a 125 actual watt feliz horticulture cfl (and a couple regular low watt cfls) its like 30 bucks but u need a special ballast soo if ur going the cfl rout maybe look into them but im thinking just maybe get two 100 watt mini hps lights from lowes or home depot it would save u money and do the same thing but u might have to do a little bit of wiring like they dont just come with wall plugins but u can hook them up to one its very easy

9. hi,im still searching but if u have small plase try to use something like Electrox CFL 125W - Dual Spectrum,or smaler,they dont heat up as much as the regular lamp for growing

10. I just write to a grow shop about difference between growing with
    Energy-saving CFL bulb 250W - growth/flower and 400W Lamp - Sylvania Grolux,what will be best for growing,will see what they have to say

11. ok my grow shop says that there is no comparison because cfl lights fail to penetrate the leaves so if u can use mh or hps i definatly would, cuz thats exactly what i wanted (a 400 watter) but i dont have enough space ( too hott) he says keeping a 400 watt lamp on is like keeping one of those oil filled space heaters on low which is alot of heat for an unventlated closet

12. ok,thx,so i will use grolux 400w i will have vent on all time,curently got two plants of Maroc skunk on balcony,will see how that will grow,so far they hold up good

13. cool keep us updated. i dont know where everyone gets these strains with crazy names im guessing u live in a proposition 215 type of place but where i live i just get a bag of good oll 25 a quarter midds or mersh whatever u call it and i get alot of good seeds for growing and my plants end up being some respectable 40 dollar an 1/8 high grade product i like doing this cuz u never know what ur gonna get but its always bomb but the downside is they are not feminized