I need help with growing... this is my first time!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SwtWtr420, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Okay, first off, im just figuring out that the Miracle Grow is probably what is killing my plants. I so far have successfully spurted about 15 plants so far, (in hopes that I will end up with about 4-5 good, strong female plants.) right now i have them under the light all the time, I might have turned the lights off for 3 hours at a time about 4 times so far. there are 4 plants per light bulb right now, except for the two oldest plants which are the biggest so far and they have already been transplanted to a 2 liter bottle and in half of an OJ carton. I at first thought I was leaving the lights on for too long, because it is all of the plants that are yellowing and curling under and browning, and drying out. But they are all at different stages and some are just breaking soil and others i just transplanted, and some need to be transplanted now... the older ones have grown healthy up until now, why is it that ALL of the plants are dying at once,even though they are at different stages? is it the time release capsules in the soil? what sets those off? and since i am re potting them, and i clearly have to get them out of Miracle Grow, what is the best brand of soil to buy, and what is the least strenuous way to wash out the roots and re-pot them? And is there anything i can feed them to help them survive? is it too late for them?

Sorry for ten thousand questions, but I need to do something ASAP!

2. change soil...period

3. what do i need to change it to?