Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I need help with cannaoil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by treybreezy00, Sep 20, 2013.

1. So i need help, i tried to make cannaoil for caps. I popped 2 one day ...nothing. Popped 4 the next day ...nothing. I dont know what i did wrong if i did.
    Basically i bought everything i needed and i used Louana 100% pure coconut oil from walmart.
    The ingredients list and everything is the same as organic, but it doesent say organic. So i dont think thats the problem.
    I put in 5 oz of coconut oil into a Mason jar and 4.7 grams of ground up weed. I closed up the jar everything in the jar together was like 1/3 full. I didnt preheat the oven so i could put my jar in the oven during the preheat time, that way it could slowly warm up and not have sudden temperature change. I put the jar in the oven on a baking sheet sealed up @ 250 degrees F for about 30 minutes. After that i took it out and let it cool a bit and made a few caps. I popped those and got nothing. So i figured maybe i didnt let it cook long enough at a high enough temperature. So the next night i did the same thing except i put it in the oven for an hour at 300 degrees F. After the cooldown i made four and popped them. Still nothing so i strained out all my weed and bagged it and now the oils in a rubbermaid. idk if the oil has the thc or the weed still has it. Idk what i did wrong for it not to work. the oil got pretty dark and smelled pretty strong whenever i opened the jar. it all LOOKED good but to no avail. I did not decarb the weed because i figured it already is practically since its so dry and my firecrackers always work with this weed without decarbing. So if someone could help me out on what i did wrong that'd be great thanks!

Attached Files:

2. It sounds to me like you didn't heat it long enough and you used too much oil. The thirty minutes at 250 is for decarbing, not cooking. You need to cook longer at still low temps (I use 225 for a few hours). You also shouldn't use that amount of oil if you are making capsules. You should use just enough oil to cover the cannabis. You used a ton of oil and then only ingested a few capsules of extremely diluted oil. Hope that helps for the future. 

3. #3 treybreezy00, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2013
    ahhh i see. that makes alot of sense i probably DID use too much oil. and not enough cook time i see..
    Oh ya and i had also figured it was 1g to 1oz of oil but that cant be right next time i will just cover it like you said.
    I will do it better and respond how it went. thanks alot!!

4. I second that ^^

I just made some oil and it turned out absolutely perfect. I used BadKats recipe. I tweaked it a bit. Here is how I did it.

I made a small amount to test it before I went all in. I used 2.5g of high quality bud/trim (I broke it down to make the perfect dose for me, and I have a low tolerance so if yours is high, maybe use 25% less oil than I do and it should be good). A good ratio is 48 tsp (1 cup) to every 1/2 ounce of bud. That comes to 12 teaspoons (2 oz) per 3.5g of bud. Since I didn't use all bud, I used a little less oil which was 6 tsp for my 2.5g.

I first decarbed the bud/trim in an oven safe dish. 225 degrees F for 30 minutes. This point it should be crispy. I smashed it down into almost powder. Then poured the oil on top. Here's where you are not bringing to its full potential. Use lecithin! I put 1/4 tsp of soy lecithin granules into the bud/trim and mixed into the oil. This helps your body absorb it better. I got mine at GNC because I couldn't find better brand locally. Look for a non-GMO label if possible.

Now seal the container tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 90 minutes at 225. Remove the dish, give it a good mix/mash and seal back up to bake another 90 minutes. Let cool and place in freezer for 8-24 hours. Heat up enough to strain, squeeze all liquid out of the cheesecloth, then fill up your caps.

I mentioned I have a low tolerance. But it's not too low. I filled 1/2 of a 00 capsule and took 3 spread out over about a 6 hour period. After the 3rd, I was flying! And they were 1/2 full!

So here is what I would do if I were u. Take your oil and do the process again with an eighth using the same oil. This will raise the potency a ton. Either that, or take way more capsules! But I would at least let the bud soak or cook (never over 250 degrees) in the oil longer. You will have some cannabinoids in the oil now but it could have left some behind. Make sure to add some lecithin, it's a necessity IMO. I made it without it before and it was good, but this is a huge noticeable difference.

Hope this helps ya!

5. omg i just typed this 2 page book and i accidentally pressed back and lost everything i just typed. anyways later tonight ill tell you how my new batch went thanks killerkush87 your right i could make my old batch stronger with adding more green!! good stuff...check n later and when im up there off my new oil illl tell you how it goes.

6. Cool I'll check out later and see how it went. Remember the lecithin! Honestly I could not be happier with the turnout of this oil. I found the dose perfect for me. 1/2 canna oil, 1/2 pure coconut oil 00 capsule every couple hours during the day. Then I take 2 full caps before bed. I wake up to piss a few hours after I fall asleep and am completely ripped out of my mind haha. I wake up in the morning with no pain and I feel fantastic. I would recommend using trim also if possible because the CBD's in the leaf (if not using a high CBD strain which most are not) make it a well rounded pain reliever. Not sure if you use medicinally or recreationally but this stuff can help with so many medical problems if you use it right. Probably the cleanest method of delivery IMO. I'll check in later and see how it turned out!