I need help with an organic mix

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by WhileUWereSleep, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Hey im a firtst time grower and my time frame for planting outdoors is closing up I was hoping someone could help me out i have a few questions.
    I recently picked up a box of bone meal and a box of blood meal from a local garden shop..Do i mix it in mith my organic choice soil and my vermiculite and perlite as well as my cow manure???And if so at what percentage I dont want to kill my babys..
    Please its urgent!

2. For seedlings, leave out bone meal and blood meal and any nutes.

Use:

1/2 potting soil (or organic without nutes)
    1/4 perlite + vermiculite (or just perlite) for air.
    1/4 castings for extra food (optional: if not available just do 3/4 potting soil and 1/4 perlite).

This can't go wrong. Give them max sun and they'll grow super fast. Just use plain water until you have 3 sets of leaves (after 3-4 weeks). Then place in large pots or holes to grow faster.

3. Woot WOOT. Sounds like im on the right track. Just began transferring my plants into a mix like you just explained. Thanks for reassuring me I was doing everything right.

4. Cool. The seedling mix is pretty basic stuff but I didn't have any perlite or vermiculite in mine and it nearly killed the plants. Luckily, the transplant worked well and they're on their way now. Good luck!

5. Im looking for a more veg in to flower mix .....Would the mix u suggest still work for the end of veg and begining to end of the flowering stage...Should I add the bone and blood meal then and would the caddle manure help or just leave it out?

6. Once they're about 1 foot tall, you can mix in the manure and meals. Use 1/2 potting soil, 1/6 manure, 1/6 meals and the perlite (1/3).
    As lon as they're not 1foot, they don't need any nutes really to grow big and strong but you can add just a tiny bit of meals and manures if you want (some growers use them in the seedling mix but very light), ok?