I Need Help With An Oil Extraction

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by excogitation, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Hello everyone,

So my mother has cancer and I was trying to whip up a small batch of Rick Simpson's Phoenix Tears for her to try out.

I used quality bud and went to work, looking online I decided to go with a Naptha based solvent to reduced the amount of chlorophyll  and other impurities that come with an Alcohol extraction.

I found some Klean Strip Green Paint Thinner and started to mix the extraction, but now I can not get the rest of the thinner to evaporate off of the oil and I dont want to evaporate the THC. 

But now unfortunately looking at the MSDS http://www.rockler.com/tech/RTD20000426AA.pdf

it shows that it is only about 30-40% Naptha and I am unsure of the other contents. 

As of right now I can see separated oils with the thinner on the bottom and the extration floating on the top. I have sucked some of the thinner up, its relatively clear while the extracted part is a dark golden brown. 

Sooo basically I am just curious on wether or not I have just completely fucked my self and I wont be able to dissipate the rest of the solvent off. :confused_2:

Thanks for the help

2. #2 Jimmy Carter, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2013
    Please dont use that. Sounds really sketch man. Use ehtyl alcohol or even iso but try the ethyl first.