i need help wiring this 1000 watt MH (WITH PICS)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bcherbs, Dec 21, 2008.

1. i just need to know what wires go to the plug and what ones to the light socket i want to wire this to 240...also on the plug for the wall there is 3 wires black,white,green it would be great help if someone can help me and wire this right thanks :)

2. just about forgot the pics

Attached Files:

3. Inside your ballast you want to move the black wire from the supply cord to the 240v(Tan) wire. You then need to make sure your outlet it rated for 240V. It should say on the receptacle. Then in your panel you are going to need a 2 pole 20A breaker. Your black wire goes to one side of the breaker and the white to the other side. Your green then goes to ground. You don't have a neutral with 240V

GL
    Sabre

4. yeah i have the breaker goin no problems just this ballest i needed to worrie about i have 3 1000 watt hps goin already runin on 240 off my light board just wanted to add one more but the ballest was not wired yet

5. May I ask why you are going to 240V? Unless you have a bunch of lights on one circuit its not needed. By running your equipment and 240V you can run more on a circuit. The higher the voltage the lower the amps. You are still drawing the same amount of watts which is what you pay for.

6. yeah 4 1000 watt lights off my light board witch is wired to the breaker box? sound safer then house plugins?