i need help understanding the watering with rockwool

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by icesupra, Jun 19, 2009.

1. #1 icesupra, Jun 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2009
    im not too sure with how the watering goes with the rockwool and the drip system, the water flows out of the tube onto the plants so could i over water it?because it fee flows out and doesnt really "drip" .im kinda new at this and dont really undertstand how long you should water the plants for in rockwool beacuse i dont want to over water them. or how long i should set my timers for. and can you over water useing hydroponics, i really dont want to kill my plants

2. ive herd people doin it like 3 times a day s for about fifteen mins what kind of setup do u have also is a factor
    :eek:

3. one of those cheap tubaware contaianer systems.
    how high should the water be in the resovoir?\
    thanksfor help i dont want to kill them they are ice strain

4. ya i have a bubbleponics system and it is like 8 gallon i only fill it to six galls you might want to check your drip lines they should drip if you have a drip and not frre flow you might need to change them and then go yo the a home improvement store and go to the outdoor section and but a package of new drips

5. before the blind go on leading the blind here

you should check out some stickies and use the search feature. basic questions can be answered there.

as for what you're asking about overwatering .. "hydro" means that water is your growing medium. basicaly instead of soil, water. so you're not going to overwater them as long as you do it right.

how high should the water be in what resevior? explain your setup here a bit more - maybe some pics?

6. ya for sure a pic would help i have no problems with my setup as of yet:smoking:

7. heres some pics notice im having trouble growing a root system

Attached Files:

8. I'm new to the board but it looks like some serious stretch going on. :eek: Hopefully someone can help save those, but Im thinking not. Your gonna need a lot more light on your next batch of babies for sure.

9. i have always had problems with stretching but they always come around for me in the end.
    i was told to use a 40 watt flureccent on seedlings if the light is the problem i have 200 watt hps ready for use

10. it looks like maybe you have some algae growing on the rockwool from the pics it also looks like you have a little bit of root growth on the first pic the one in the back but maybe like icesupra said with the lights

11. GOOD NEWS
    i saved the ice strain they all are growing healthy roots now.
    all along it was the lighting hps saved the day.
    cant wait to smoke it

12. Word. Sorry I forgot about this thread /smoketoomuch

Glad to hear you got things shaped up. After I saw those pics I was going to say that your lighting isn't fueling them enough to grow. So yea, keep us filled in. :)

13. I don't understand why you are pumping water into the net pots. Just use a bubbler and bring the water level up to the bottom of the net pots, then when the roots break through, lower the water level to an inch from the bottom of the net pots.
    You are not allowing the rockwool a chance to dry out a bit, to let the roots breath. The misting from the bubbles bursting on the surface of the water is enough. You want the roots out of the rockwool as quick as possible, by drying the rockwool out a bit, will help the roots look for food.

14. so i am pretsure i saved the ice.
    now my question how can i make sure i have healthy roots.

Attached Files:

15. hey john i just got your info as i am updating my thread, last week i switched to a bubbleponic.
    here are the pics it is true you buy quality seeds,they grow alot better.
    i need tomake a larger resevoir.

Attached Files:

16. anyone got a chart telling about cfls so can tell how many i will need i got 6 plants in hydro one in soil for comparision,now iwant to add more light before i start flowering.
    i have a 150 watt or 200 watt hps and the plants have been veging great under it.
    i need a cheap sullution till i get a job

17. so its male hunting season 4 out of 7 i belive are male.
    ill post a pic before i chop em down to play it safe.
    also what is the best place to order some lowrider seeds

Attached Files:

18. Overwatering could be a case. Just give them water three times a day for 15 minutes. There're hormones you can add to increase root growth. Also, an 18/6 hour cycle will also induce root growth.

19. im already flowering this im just asking is this a male before i cut it down and are there anyplaces i can get lowrider seeds besides attitde seedbank