I need help to start off growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RollFatBlunts, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Okay so ive grow marijuana outdoors before and it was going really good, i had a regular seed that was growing great and a hindu kush clone that was dong even better, but then about a week after i was about to harvest it got stolen so now i want to try growing indoors but doing research online doesnt really help that much id rather ask people that have experienced it. so people that tell me things please only people that have had a successful harvest indoors tell me what to use and do. I need to know everything, what lights, what i should use to put the plants in, fans, time it takes to grow, soil, and how i can make my plants small and bushy and make it so they are ready to harvest in about 2 months. Thank you everyone and i appreciate the help :wave:

Stay high for life everyone :smoking:

2. #2 Bohbo, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
    Man you are asking for everything without putting in ANY effort it seems. If you get the whole setup handed to you in a list you won't understand what you are getting or why. It's your money, I could tell you to get Sulpher Plasma Lights or LED for all I care. My advice to you is not ask for a list but to do some research and reading. Realistically spend about a week reading. Get the marijuana growers bible, talk to you local hydro store, search for the forums, look for comparisons and reviews.... you need education and that comes from reading and experience and you will get neither just asking for it.

That being said..... you need to explain more, size of room, desired yield / number of plants, budget, security, neighbor proximity, roomates, facilities (drain water etc), access to good water (have you had yours tested?).

CFL = Low heat budget, lower yield, maybe better bud, better for veg.
    HID = heat, best yield
    LED = Great for veg, not so great.

Strain you want an Indica or Indica dominant for an 8 week flowering time.

Again you need to put forth some effort and then come back with specific questions.

3. Help? From what I've read it sounds like you want someone to grow it for you too while you watch from the sidelines. Take Bohbo's advice and spend time doing research. A half-ass commitment won't cut it. Good luck.

4. I have to agree... You won't appreciate or understand if everything is handed to you. So spend some time researching exactly what you want/need/can afford and then ask. You will be surprised by information you find. Good Luck!! :wave:

5. #5 uber noob, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
    Research is the most challenging and rewarding experience about growing indoors. I spent a whole month, three hours a day devoted to reading how to grow indoors and I spent the last two weeks building my grow set up while still reading how to grow properly. (Keep in mind I still went to school Mon-Thurs and worked Fri-Sat) Germinating seeds become exciting after all that hard work... which is just the start of the whole beautiful process.

To become an indoor farmer, you need to become a home technician, electrician, chemist, botanist, and physicist. If you want something, you yourself is the only person that can help yourself achieve what you want. Good luck with your grow and don't expect someone to hand you everything.

6. YA DIG":confused:

7. Everything you need to know is out there already. It's basically unfeasible for someone to write up a post telling you everything you need to do. If you want to grow some good pot, put forth the effort. If not, you probably shouldn't even bother and just go buy from someone. No one is going to spoon feed you the info when it's already out there. All you basically said was, "how do I grow marijuana?" Now for my part, I'll tell you to start with this video series. Watch it, then when you have a basic understanding of growing, go check a different source because there's really not just one right way to grow marijuana, but there are definitely many ways to do it wrong. After you've done the research ask specific questions if you have any.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq_e0tBM6rE]YouTube - Ready-Set-Grow Part 1of 7 UPDATED[/ame]

8. #8 iCLONE, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2010
    Hey Bro .... a couple a Qs:

Budget?
    Environment?
    Method?

How much do you want to spend on your set up?
    How much space do you have to grow in?
    Do you want to grow in soil or hydroponics?
    Do you want to grow quantity or personal use only?
    Are you going for stealth or are you legal (open)?

And don't ever repeat this line and then publicly ask for help:

" i want to try growing indoors but doing research online doesnt really help that much"

Great video Viper .... that video series is well done