i need help plz

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chrispoole28, Jun 8, 2011.

1. i am new to the whole growing thing and am in need of help i have two plants and i was told i could grow them under cfl's so i am trying it out i have 168 watts equivelent to like 580 watts i have 1 70=300, 2 30=200, 1 27=75 and one 14 watt grow lux grow lamp is this enough

2. Yes, for vegetative at least the rule is 100 actual watts for the first plant and 50 watts for each additional plant but for flowering I would go on Kijiji or craigslist and look for a relatively cheap Hps grow light I recommend at least 250watt hps for flowering two plants (if both are female)
    I paid 120$ and got about 500$ in grow eqqiptment (600 watt Hps, timers, hydroponic pumps,4 growing books,an ozone generator ,2 ph meters and more)delivered from 150km away, I'm sur you can find a cheap Hps light for flowering(and they wont use much more power than your cfl's

3. Also I would check the color tempiture of the bulbs, for the veggitative period 6500k or "daylight" bulbs are recommended and if you chose to(witch I highly discourage) 2700/3000k bulls for flowering (I say don't flower under cfl's because under hps you get more bigger Denser buds)

4. ok thanks i switched today to 7- 30 watt daylight 6500k bulbs and one of my plants was a male so i took it out so know it is just one plant

5. How do you know it's a male? Arerent you in veg? (if your seeing sex there in flowering and you should switch to a Hps grow light (for 1 plant I would use a 150watt Hps)

6. i was told you could tell by the pistol on the plant

7. You can, but there won't be one u till flowering, hat type of plants are they and what hours are the lights on per day?

8. #8 chrispoole28, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
    it is a ak 47 plant and i am running 7 30 watt cfl daylight bulbs 6500k for veg. they r on a 18-6 cycle

9. Are they auto flowering?

10. no it is not

11. Then it's most likely not a pistil

12. so how long before i can tell sex

13. 2-3 weeks after switching Lights to 12-12
    But I wouldn't do the flowering stage with cfl's, get a Hps you'll get larger Dencer buds

14. how long should i wait to switch to 12/12

15. #16 kakalvlvinin, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You can do it from the day you see the sproute, it's really personal preference , the longer it's on more than 12 hours light a day the bugger the plant will be, the bugger the harvest will be

16. #17 kakalvlvinin, Jun 9, 2011
    Lol thanks, my name is kalvin , my username is probably not pronounceable, well maybe , it would probably be like someone stuttering really bad, ka-ka-lv-lv-in-in lmao

17. how tall do my plants got to be before i start the flowering process

18. #19 kakalvlvinin, Jun 10, 2011

19. ok so i changed the light cycle to 12/12 last night and i can already tell the difference no joke. the little leaves at the top are medium size now and the center of the leaves are almost orange i was just wondering if this is normal for a ak-47 plant or if something is wrong so i could fix it before to much damage is done