I NEED HELP!!! (lighting trouble)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bud love, Nov 30, 2006.

1. i currently have a grow bux in my basement and im using cfl's. i ahve then directly plugged right into 2 power strips. i had 4 100w and i just bought 2 120w. right when i plug the 120w in both power strips shorted out and it tripped the circutbreaker. i have 2 plants and now im freaking out because i have no working lights right now. i ahve 6 cfl's all together. how should i run these lights? the power strip idea clearly isnt working. those of you who use cfl's, how do you have them wired and mounted? please help me out

2. someone please help me out. my plants are about to die

3. Plants arent going to die due to lack of light dude for a day.

Your power strip is only rated for so much wattage/amperage, its probably a cheapy one and cant handle it.

goto the store and buy the extension cords that have multiple areas on it that you can plug stuff into, they sell them with up to 5 points on the cord you can plug in.

4. one like this, then use the Y bulb holder to put 2 bulbs on each section.

[​IMG]

5. thank you for all your help dierwolf. ill let you know how everything turns out

6. something just dont sound right here, those cfls dont draw that much wattage . not enough to trip your breaker like that,

got company gotta go,

7. i have 3 cfls plugged directly into a power strip the same as he said and it doesnt short, but way less watage they are like 32w's

i say get a new power strip, the idea works well 4me. its cheap