I need help growing

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by crazybass9, May 31, 2018.

1. Hey Everyone
    Recently legalized to grow in my state, so I thought i'd give it a shot. Turns out i suck at this. I have all decent equipment. Can't seem to get out of the seedling stage. Tips of my plants keep turning yellow and eventually dying. Always seems to happen right after i switch from T5 to my hydro system. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    J

2. Get some Rapid Rooters to germinate seeds in.
    When roots show, move RRs+Sprouts into the hydroton/growstone net pots in your hydro system.
    Make sure water level is high enough to keep RRs moist.
    Keep lighting level very, very low until the plants get used to it.
    Keep nute ppm 50-90 until plants are established.
    Too low fluid level, too much light, and too much nutes can all kill seedlings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Could you explain your hydro system? Is it a different light? Why did you choose this method for your first grow?

4. from seed, they have about two weeks of food so don't add nutes. i would wait a bit before putting them in the hydro setup until they've established some growth like 3 sets of true leaves. then they could use the nutes.

5. Forgot to mention pH, which is critical in hydro.
    Make sure you have ppm and pH pens.

6. How are you germinating? I do the paper towel method, once the seed pops I carefully place it in a rapid rooter, then place in net pot with hydroton. I keep the rapid rooter moist not soaked, soon the seedling will pop out, I keep the reservoir level just above the bottom of the pot. If the rapid rooter starts to dry out keep moist. No nutrients until roots have reached the reservoir. Then only give a fraction of what's called for, you can always add if needed. And the reservoir must be ph'd 5.5 to 6.2, try to keep in this range, what you want is an even green, to light, not enough nutes, too green, to much! Soon you will be able to read your plants.

Attached Files:

7. Excellent advice.
    Paper towel isn't necessary if RRs are wet.
    Higher water level will keep RRs from drying out.

8. If you suck at plants, hydro is not the way to go because more can go wrong. Simply start with soil in the beginning until you understand the principles. Soil is way more forgiving. And do you have a phone? Photos would be apprecciated.

• Like Like x 1
  9. If you want to learn hydro do what I did read everything you can for two years. Figure out what system fits your budget and your lifestyle. I am going to be a soilless grower because that's what I wanted to be, I never started with soil, but I did start with a ton of research before I ever got a seed wet. Look up different grows here on grasscity and see which one fits your style and liking. Go into your grow with a solid but flexible plan. Remember hydro is not as forgiving as soil and all problems must be addressed fast as hell, but in return I believe there is less work with hydro, as in checking ppms and ph it's so much easier in hydro. Good luck!!!

Do your research this is from my first grow and my ladies will be cut tomorrow:
    image.jpeg
    Hell I even ran a mainline in hydro for my first grow ever!!! Do what you want but make sure you research it!!!

10. Not me …
    I jumped in both feet, I bought a aeroponic system and then made two more just like the one General hydroponic AF 20 system I bought .
    Selling point was the owner of a hydroponic store who has now become a very close friend of mine promised me a good harvest if I buy the system and do everything he tells me regarding growing weed he promised that I would get a good harvest.
    Dammit he was sure right :weed:
    Made chasing down my dream strain worth it …
    Make those fuckers who own the hydroponic stores back the products they sale .
    PS my friend who owns the store has been nothing less then tons of knowledge and wisdom about growing killer weed .
    My friends father was a grower (RIP ) my friend has like 30 or 40 years of experience growing KGB and he is a consultant for most of the commercial grow factories in this part of the state I live in .

Party on :love-m3j: