I need help diagnosing some first time problems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Llove420, Dec 30, 2015.

1. #1 Llove420, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2015
    hello all, I am a first time indoor grower using a 600w MH, I am about 6 weeks in and have hit a few different problems. One plant is very busy and appears to be getting to heavy for the stem, also the huge leaves are blocking ask the light from the rest of the plant. Another thing is, I add nutes each time I water, and a lot of the leaves on every plant appear to have nitrogen deficiency or something. One last thing, one of the pants started forming yellowish sorts in the center of the leaves, what is causing this? I've attached many pics, thank you all for any help at all!

Attached Files:

2. RO water ?? PH ?? and what PPM ??are you feeding , what nutrients are you using,the one plant yellowing on the new growth top and old fan leaves too??

3. im using tap water every 2-3 days with a PH of 6.5, I'm feeding them canna nutrients, the bottom leaves aren't yellowing much, mostly the mid and top leaves and mostly just the tips, except for the one withwith the yellow forming in the middle of the leaves

4. The first and third pic look like the plants grew out of it because the top most inner part of the plant looks lush. The middle pic looks the worst and I'd say it's going to continue with the problem. I think I seen you are giving nuits each watering in soil that's kinda a no no because there's usually something to eat in the media so rule of thumb is usually feeding no more then every other watering. The middle one looks to. Me like nutirient burn. Plants low in nitrogen are usually light green I see this when using Lucas Formula. Just my two cents.

5. It looks to me like your medium might simply not be draining very well. Lack of oxygen to the plant roots will cause the symptoms you are showing. Cold ambient room temps will also show similar symptoms.

If you're going to feed every time you water I would suggest using half or less strength nutrients, unless your plant is growing in leaps and bounds and is asking you for more food.

I'm still going with my gut of too dense a mixture though - will you be transplanting soon, and if so can you add additional aeration to your medium, such as perlite, rice, cocoa or buckwheat hulls?

Make sure your pots aren't sitting directly on cold concrete this time of year if in a basement etc. A warm root zone means a lot that time of year.

What, exactly are you growing in?

J