I need help before all my plants die!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 420stoner, Apr 19, 2005.

1. I have 4 plants right now under floros. There are just about three weeks old but looking good.(around 4 inches high) I think i messed up by using a small amount of fert. to early, and i think i might have watered too much.( once every 2 or 3 days) Anyway they just quit growing all together. I dont get it they were doing so damn good then now they are just stopped.

-They have bewen on a 24/0 light cycle in a well ventalated 8ft by 3ft by 4ft area. also i have all the walls covered in aluminum foil and dark carpet on the floor.

Any ideas of what i did to them or what i can do to help them start growing good again?!?

If i can get my camera working ill try to get some pics up!

2. Not to say that you're an idiot or anything like that, but there's a couple of things you did wrong:
    1. You fertilized WAY too early. You should fert only a month after they sprout. Mine got fert-burn even at about 4 weeks, and i diluted the solution to 25% strength.

2. Too much water. With that much water, the roots dont have to seek out moisture, so they slow their growth.

3. What size pots are they in? I got a bad feeling that they are in small pots and haven't been put into larger ones.

Let me know about the pot thing.

3. they are in 6 inch pots........can i transplant into good soil and bigger pots this early??

4. how often should i water then??

5. To decide if you need bigger pots you need to know if they are root bound. Can you see if the roots are coming out of the bottom? If they are, it's time to repot.

You should water when the first inch or more of soil is dry.

6. And you can repot, whenever. Repotting does stress the plant, but it should never kill it. So you would be helping the plant by repotting it.

Usually when the plant stops getting bigger, it's because it's got no more room to grow roots. There's a root to plant size ratio that is mostly constant. If it has reached that ratio, it just cant get any bigger unless there is more soil for more roots.

7. thanks for the help man...i think you just saved my plants!!

i we lived close i would smoke you out with my own homegrown when it is time to harvest.

One more question.......i have a friend with like 300 female plants (not sure what strain)
    anyway they are all female and are about 1 1/2 or 2 ft tall. he is selling some for $20 each.
    would it be a good idea to but a few?

8. Im not sure if we're allowed to discuss this, but I would definitely make sure that it's safe to do so first. How do you know if the plants are any good? How does he know they're female? Are they clones?

I probably wouldnt do it. Sounds sketch to me, but if you trust him and you think it'll be good bud, i dont see why not.