i need help...BAD

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dgaf813x, Apr 15, 2010.

1. ok i got my medibud clone today from my homegirls mother plant. she doesnt practice cloning or topping, so she made me clone it myself. the top of the plant was kinda flimsy to begin with, almost like her hps have been stretching the plant. anyway i cut it and dipped it into my gardentech rootone powder and immediately into my jiffy-7 peat pellet, which i added liquid rooting hormone and water to. i have it under 4 24'' 40 watt with around 13,000 lumens. about 6 hours later now it is looking like its dying, and its bending over like its dying.

now i have accidentally killed a clone before somehow, and im not understanding whats going on. im doing exactly what im suposed to so is this clone really dying or is it notmal for it to bend over like its wilting? i need help, really bad, needless to say.

2. would recommend turning 3 of your lights off

think a clone, till it has rooted only needs to know there is light, but by offering so much it will try to be growing new veg instead of roots

have you trimmed some of the fan leaves, not take them off but cut the tips of the leaves off as will help to cut down on the water loss

hope it pulls through for you

3. Are you misting the clone and do you have it under a dome?

4. i greatly appreciate all of your comments. i dont have any way to get any pictures up on here, but this morning the plant still looks like youre holding a shoestring in your fingers, floppy like that. i have cut 2 of my lights, and i think it may seriously have something to do with the very flimsy (probably stretched) mother plant.

but i greatly appreciate all yalls advice!

5. yeah i have it in a mini greenhouse and its misted twice a day and the 2 lights still on are on 24/7.

6. I use a DIY wick cloner myself.. I got rid of the domes.. Seems to cook my clones..

I actually put my clones in rockwool then into the perlite wick tray.. No dome needed.. about a 95% - 100% success rate for me using this method..

The rockwool seems to hold the moisture in better than putting them straight into the perlite.. Using this, the clones doesnt seem to wilt.. They stay straight up and root in about 10-14 days..

7. The wick cloners are where its at if you dont feel like making a aero clone buckett but both methods work really well and the wick cloners are nice because they are cheap and really affective

8. yeah i actually thought about the rockwoll instead of peat but it kinda came down to the peat is cheaper and i use it to germinate my seeds because i have a 90% germination rate with them. but if this clone doesnt pull thru im going to definately give that a try. id give my left nut for a good medibud plant because of the 750-850 g/m2 yeild. thanks for the new idea!

9. hey i saw your dried buds. i have a question for you. was the whole 4oz from a single purp clone?

i ask because i have an aussie blues and an afghan plant. i use the same wattage hps as you along with 125 watts of cfl's. how tall was your plant before you started flowering? ill be the happiest person if i can pull off 4oz per plant. niiice ass grow man!

10. Yea it was one plant. I just lst her all the way around the plant. It is all indica so it was quite short when i started it maybe a foot but it was very bush and round. You should be able to pull at least 4 oz, i should have had more but i had to transplant durng flowering so im sure that caused me to lose some weight. You can get even more if you lst and throw a screen over it. you can hit well over 4 ounces with a scrog. And thanks man it was a fun grow.

11. truw i think i may scrog i havent fully decided on which method yet. and i did exactly what yo said with the perlite and almost an hour after, my cone perked right up and is looking perfect now. i think i may do 4 more clones too. but my afghan is really bushy, but my aussie blues is about 12'' high and not real bushy, but ill figure something out. i REALLY appreciate the advice about the cloning though! ill find a way to post some pics when i harvest. where i am i can pull $400 an oz, so 8 oz total and ill be more than happy! the only thing that sucks is that my source for free hps bulbs and ballasts just gve me the last 3 and i wontbe seeing anymore...for free that is. bummer.