I need help and fast! Please....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by weedstarr, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Hi i have started growing for the first time 2 weeks ago... My seeds came up nicely and they grew to about 4 inches in the last day or 2 but now i looked at one and it is wilting badly! I placed more compost around the stem to try and hold it up i then checked this morning and now the leaves in it look dry but i waterd them yesterday :/ also now anotherone has done it... I dont know what im doing wrong... Im using a cfl bulb at the moment until my 400w halide comes through... I havent had a fan on in the room as they are small someone please help! All i have done is chan

ill attach a picture to show you

thanks <3

Attached Files:

2. Is that soil coco or, peat. Looks like coco and if is you need to start feeding @0.5 with a mild nute as soon as they sprout.
    If soil it could be a pathogen what is called damping off. If they look like they been pinched at the soil surface it is probably damping off.
    Other causes could be over watering/under watering, heat stress, to cold, ph, lighting or, the environment.

Post all the details of you grow.....Water, nutes, lighting etc....

3. I bought mirical grow compost, i had a look at the bottom of the plant and it looks like someones pinched the bottom just at the top of the compost? I water about 2-3 days heat in on 73-75 and humidity is around 70% the ph i havent tested... The light i was using a 23w cfl but ive just added another 23w cfl this is until my 400w halide bulb comes through should be couple of days the lights are on 18-6.

Thanks for the reply appreciated!

4. Appears to me to be damping off...MG dose not take pride in preparing their products and probably has a pathogen that causes damping off. Damping off only affect seedling roots.
    There are some remedies around but, found none worked for me.

Get a better soil mix with something (peat,compost,perlite) other than just straight compost, or sterilize what you got by adding some water, cook in the micro/oven for 8 minutes and let cool down covered and it's ready to use....

5. That seedling that fell over will not recover...Pull it out of the medium carefully and see if the root tip is brown/tan or, white and let us know....

6. Ok will do that now.

7. Ok i took it out and took this picture?

Attached Files:

8. Anyone else out there that has any advice? I dont know what else to do????

9. Hard to see any decay or, pinched stem but, your roots are not developing any root hairs for 2 weeks of growth. They need to evelop some feeder hairs before they can uptake any nutrients for growth.

That compost may be to hot for your seedlings...Your not going to have much success transplanting those seedlings without stressing.

I suggest keeping an eye on them and don't over/under water and use some superthrive or, vitamin b.
    Next time you plant seeds use a seed starter soil, rapid rooters or, a blend of canadian peat, EWC and perlite.

Mucho luck my friend....

10. Make sure not to over water. Its hard when you first start. The soil needs to be dry before you water again and those look like big buckets so they probably don't need to be water probably every 5 days or so

11. The other part of the plant was left in the pot it had roots well very thin hair looing roots ... ive put them in this now (as pic) and going to leave them to see if they make any progress.... do you recommend i put my 400w halide light on them when i get it?

Attached Files:

12. Heres a pic of the plant all together...

Attached Files:

13. #13 colafarmer, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2012
    Hard to say whether that will work but, ya never know...There basically going to be runts at this point so, whatever you can do and they recover, your one step ahead of the game....
    You want to be extremely sterile especially if you smoke cigs....

14. Another thing I would do is get your fan motivated...They need fresh air in and stale air out....Oxygen for the roots....

15. I used to use Superthrive until I found out that it contains NAA (1-Naphthaleneacetic acid) , which is labeled by the EPA as a pesticide which kills soil microbes. It's sale is prohibited in Oklahoma, Minnesota and Oregon.

That, and I realized it didn't do doodly squat for me.

Jerry

16. I dont smoke cigs or weed, just making a full profit from what i get :) I wash my hands before i go near them everytime.... Ive put the fan in now so will check on them tomorrow to see if it has made any difference or not. Thanks for the advice guys... any more would be great!