I need help! Advice for led grow lights, all opinions welcome.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Greern, Apr 15, 2019.

1. I really enjoyed building my lights it does look intimidating from the outside so I get people's hesitation but the truth is if you can pull off an indoor grow you should be able to put these boards together .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I kinda feel like QB/hlg sits back and watches other company’s designs, see what works, then they come out with a simple, efficient, and more affordable option...

3. No sorry. And I’m very bad with electronics so, I’m more after a plug and play.

4. I have a very bad track record with diy, I’d rather not risk it haha

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stretching during veg is iffy, I don’t mind my plant seeing a little tall, as it means I have more room for lst. With an adjustable light, it’s kinda all about getting your buds in the sweetzone, anything else is trash. Which is kinda why I don’t mind stretching, unless it’s too out of control.

6. Like I said if money isn’t an issue..... and regardless of how bad u r with electronics u would have to be born from many generations of inbreeding to not be able to do it! It’s that simple. Pretty sure that “def/dumb/blind” chick from back in the day set up the first ever Qb on her own ;-P

• Like Like x 2
  7. Qb isn’t rly diy. It’s usinf wire connectors, connecting 3 wires. Then same with two more then u plug those two wires in. I have all mine hanging individually atm. Building a custom frame is probably harder then getting qb set up. Literally 4-5min to assemble and hang the second set of them I did

• Like Like x 2
  8. Here's the plug and play version of the QB 96s that are mentioned in this thread
    . HLG ELITE 360

9. I kinda wish I had hung mine individually, I've got 2 plants that are way shorter than the other 2 .

Did you just put a couple bolts in those holes on the side?

10. There was extra screws, I assumed that was to mount driver on top if I did. I only put screws threw the qb to heatsink. Did I miss some?

11. No those are the only ones you need .
    I've seen people hang them individually by using the holes that are in the side edge you can thread a couple of longer bolts in those and attach your hangers to them

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gotcha, the bigger holes on the four corners of the fins, that’s where I hand from