I need answers asap!! Help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Gage_Ellz, Oct 12, 2016.

1. My 18 week old plant is almost at the peak of harvest and i just got word that its going to freeze in our area tonight. I received the news as it is pouring rain outside. I was advised to cut it down before the first frost.
    Im going to attempt to harvest in a few hours, im going to do it all in my garage with the door open, and then bring the buds inside to dry.
    Should i do anything different since they will be soaking wet? More hang dry time? Too much moisture?
    Im kind of a new grower but this is my 2nd crop out of the 2 i planted back in early june.
    Please help i need to have this plant chopped by tonight!! I need answers and growers knowledge asap!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. If it is pouring rain outside, when the freeze comes, it's actually going to freeze the water on the plant, but the plant itself will be protected by the frozen water layer. In South Florida, when there is a freeze forcast, they spray water on the plant before it freezes so the frozen water will insulate the plant. But, if you want to take extra precautions if you want to pick your bud at the peak of harvest, then wrap your plant with the heaviest blanket you can find.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. In South Florida, they spray water on crops like tomatoes and eggplant to protect them.

4. Will they get shock from the freeze if i trim it all outside and bring the buds inside?

5. As long as the buds don't freeze before you trim them, you should be fine.

6. The problem is that if the buds freeze and then they thaw out indoors, it could become mushy. If you put a leaf in the freezer, then take it out when it's frozen to thaw out, it just completely wilts.

7. So do you think they will thaw out in the sun light? Its gunna be in its 50s today and i live in the chicago area

8. 50s? Yes, they will thaw