I need an expert grower opinion! =]

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by marofa, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Hey guys!

I started my first grow about a month ago. (The seeds were put for germination at Nov 6th).
    (I didn't buy the seeds, it came with some marijuanna I bought last month)

I built up a microgrow inside an old PC.

This is my setup:

Lights
    1x FullSpectrum LED 28W
    2x 6500 K White LED 15W

Medium (I use english as second language so im not familiar with some names)
    30% Coconut coir
    30% Dark Earth ("Terra Preta" in portuguese)
    20% Vermiculite
    20% Worm Humus

I'm looking for some tips, I dont know if the lights are enough, I started with nutes this week and Im afraid to overfeed my plants.

Its a 15-5-5 NPK,

The recomendation is a bit confusing. It says:
    4 soup poons for each m², but i dont know what they want to mean with "m²", is it the total growth area? Or the grow medium area?

Basically:
    1. Is my light enough?
    2. Is my plants development normal for their age? (Keep in mind I dont know the seeds procedure, after the plants revealed their leaves I noticed I had one indica and one sativa and they are 4 weeks old)
    3. With this fertilizer, how would you feed those plants?
    4. Supposing its time to water the plant, howuch water would you use? (They are in a 1L recipient)
    5. Can you spot any defficiency of any kind just looking at the pictures?

Thats it, guys! Im sorry the great amount of doubts, I promisse im trying to learn as much as possible about growing cannabis.

Thanks for the patience
    1575319595920.jpg 1575319610752.jpg 1575319653326.jpg 1575319764557.jpg 1575319787011.jpg 1575320119447.jpg 1575320206408.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. you will need much more watts just for one plant never mind the 2 buddy flowering will be a problem no doubt

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hello! Thanks for your answer!
    I was wondering about that, but do you think I will need more potency right now? How many Watts do you recommend?

4. Yeah, plants look good....but like mentioned above....more watts needed for sure...

5. Why did you mix coco with soil?
    They have different pH requirements for efficient nutrient uptake.
    Your lights are fine for now.....but like Progrouk said - you need more light.
    Your cabinet is quite small and short......how tall do you plan on growing them? You better do some training.
    You're starting to get a deficiency, but I can't help because I know nothing about coco and soil together......I'm a coco grower.
    Good luck and welcome to GC. :)

6. #6 raymont, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    Its gona be fine but I would rethink the soil mix. I'd wait tills she gets a little bigger to be stronger but coco and soil..not a good choice..replant in soil and perlite....better choice.

7. what do you mean they will be fine?? have you ever flowered 1 plant never mind 2 with 58 watts its just not enough you can put it in soil coco dwc but with them watts it wont help one bit

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. As a seedling. its fine It will definatley need good soil now and surely more light but im saying its not in terrible health on the verge of death and it will live. Yes changes will be needed..I run 480 watts of led for veg and have up to 1 Kw available for flower. 4x4 tent hydro

9. Thank you all guys for the replies! I bought 2 more 28 W Fullspec LEDs, hope it can handle for now.

But one thing is anoying me, they are like 4 -5 weeks old and Im thinking they are too short for their age. I mean, they are at the 5th node right now, but their stem are thin and their leaves are very short too.

Is that normal? I was expecting a very bigger plant considering it already has 5 nodes

10. NOT ENOUGH LIGHT!

• Like Like x 2