i need an artist

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Thatguythatgrows, Nov 29, 2011.

1. #1 Thatguythatgrows, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    any great artist want a project? i would like somebody to draw me a pictures for a full sleeve. i want a few different things from the book of revelation. here are a few of the things that i have found that are kinda like what i want.
    locusts
    [​IMG]
    dragon thrown into pit
    [​IMG]
    a few other ideas i have

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    if you are at all familiar enough with the creatures in the book of revelation, let me know what you think. i want a few key pictures like these with blood and locusts and fire and stuff to fill in the blank areas. what do you think? i would also be covering up a small tattoo from about 10 years ago with this sleeve. let me know folks!! :smoking:

(mods, i hope this isn't considered one of the prohibited "hook ups". if it is, please accept my apologies and delete the thread.)

2. I recommend having your tattoo artist do this work. Mainly because you're asking for someone to put in a lot of hours on a piece they aren't being paid for. Also, your tattoo artist will be able to envision the sleeve completely differently. He/she will be experienced in tattooing and understanding of how to make ideas and images flow. It may cost you more, because you are having someone do some work that will take time, but I'm almost certain you'll be happier with their outcome than someone on here.

3. I think if you offered to pay somebody people would be jumping on board it just sounds like a time consuming project. When you are asking some random person on the internet to make it I would be surprised if anybody who could do this would do it. I would consider it but finals are coming up so I will be time consumed for a while. I could work on it a little here or there.

You could also see if fenix420 or the guy with the dream drawing thread to do it too. They would be awesome at this I bet.

4. no money involved because i think it would be against the forum rules... maybe i could buy you elite membership or something, but whats that 30 bucks?? not really much to offer. i have a really great tattoo artist that does my work, but drawing biblical items from scratch isn't his thing. he draws bio mechanics stuff like you wouldn't believe. i have been wanting to get this sleeve done for a long time and don't know how to get some of the pics i want.... how about this.. those four creatures in the front of the last picture are the seraphim. they are described a little in isiah 6 in the bible. i need cool looking pictures of those. also if you would like to just draw a picture or two, flip through the book of revelation and pick a creature. i am not set on what i am going to do yet. i am going to take all the pics i can, decide which are the best, size them and move them around on my arm to find placement. i want the whole sleeve done by feburary. i hate getting tattoos when it is warm. don't know why. i may not be able to offer money, but your art will be immortalized on my arm....

5. It sounds really cool don't get me wrong. Also I don't think that is against the forum rules. I believe the rules say no hook ups as in weed hook ups.

6. You cant draw a full sleeve bro... I'm a tattoo artist. Paper is flat. Your arm is not. You gotta do it piece by piece, or freehand it. Check out some of my work, I almost never draw shit out first. I always freehand.
    mondoink.net

7. You cant draw a full sleeve bro... I'm a tattoo artist. Paper is flat. Your arm is not. You gotta do it piece by piece, or freehand it. Check out some of my work, I almost never draw shit out first. I always freehand.
    mondoink.net

8. no just some pics would help. i didn't mean to misundercommunicate the fact that i just can't find pictures as references for my guy. i don't want him to just look at a small description and get started. can't seem to find any pictures that i like. he just needs a starting point that he can put his own spin on. i can't draw and he doesn't have time nor desire to look through the bible (specifically revelation) looking for neat creatures to draw.

edit... sorry i did see that i asked for a full sleeve... that's what i want, but not what i am asking to be drawn... sorry. just pics...

9. Ok how much pictures do you actually need then? Hash out some details.

10. post a pic of your arm and Ill photoshop them in ... if i dont forget....

11. well... that last pic with the seraphim i want at the top of my arm/shoulder area... under that i want something like the pic number 4. then the four horsemen after that. on the underside of my forearm i want the dragon going into the pit. not sure about the top of my forearm. then the blood and locust and fire and stuff all over. i know it may be a slightly difficult thing to ask, but i figured where better to ask then the artists in the city that really never sleeps...lol

:gc_rocks:

12. i started to post pics of my arm, but there is an existing tattoo that is very distinctive. i am a grower and very paranoid.