i need advice on cloning please?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nauwee, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Im going to attempt cloning for the first time. I have a bubblelicious plant that just showed her sex a few days ago. I dont have any rooting gel. Also the clone will be going into soil eventually. Can anyone give me some pointers on how this can be done successfully. Any advice for this noobie is greatly appreciated .peace and love.

2. Cut from a lower branch. You need something sharp for a 45 degree cut. If you can get ahold of some gel it would be worth it, and you can get a cheap one even at walmart. Slice the stem in half and dip it in solution. From there put it in the growing medium of your choice. I have a hydro set up so I use rockwool. From there per her in a humidity dome with some cfl's for about a week-10 days. Cut the tips off the ends of leafs to promote root growth. The roots should be comming out of the bottom by the end so use the clone that looks the healthiest.

Sorry for scrambled thoughts, I just woke up to take my morning shit and thought id help out lol

3. #3 Thicken Dense, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
    I take a cutting with scissors, then lay the stem flat and cut a shallow angle with a fresh razor blade. The angle of the cut is important because it increases the surface area on the part of the stem that absorbs water.

Then I scrape the skin off the bottom ¼" of stem and dip in rooting gel. I use seed starter trays and root riot cubes, but you can use the coco pellets that come with the starter trays to root your clones. Starter trays are around $5 and they come with a dome.

edit: a single cfl is fine for light, I don't even use one, I clone with the ambient light above my veg lights (veg cab in sig)