Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I need advice. I have a safety job, want to take week to help sleep.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by OneScaryDragon, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Hi. So I have a critical safety job. I can be tested if I get in an incident.

I want to take weed. My wife is anti smoking so i will be drinking it in tea. I want to do it to relax and maybe help sleep.

My questions are:
    How long will it last? For example when can I drink it then drive safely or go to work.

How long is it in my system for drug testing?
    They do sylvia and piss test at work.

I have done weed before, but not for maybe 15 years. Now it's legal in canada I want to do it again and hopefully help me relax / sleep.

Thanks

2. carry fake urine

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 DaPhats, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    If you're using it at night to sleep then you'll definitely be sober when you wake up. ;)

I'm not sure how long tea's high would be. Typically ingesting weed lasts longer than inhaling.

It can stay in your system for a long time once you've been consistently taking it for a while. If you're a daily heavy smoker it can last in your system for months. For part-time users it could be a week or more. So if you did get in an accident you'd probably test positive if you had some tea the night before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. #4 old shol4evr, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    delete

5. Let me quote Harry Callahan;"You've gotta ask yourself a question:"do I feel lucky?"Well do ya punk?" You get the drift.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sorry. I should clarify a little. I can test positive but i can't be under the influence . If I test positive for one test, they will do the other test. I'm not 100% sure how it works but as long as I'm not working under the influence of any drugs or booze. I'm just concerned if I take it thr night before in the morning isn't still affecting me.

7. Oh then at first before your body adapts you'll want to just do it at night and after work. If you build up a tolerance then maybe 4hrs before you gotta be at work, but that might take awhile to get to that level if youve been out for 15yrs. It takes me about 4/5 days to a full week before I come outta the "fog" and I'm a 100% quick thinker again, so it'll seem maybe like you're a bit slower than your normal self even though you're not "high."

Also I'll suggest gummies as a second way to ingest without smoking. They are pretty tasty.