Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I need advice from people who are impartial.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Joedahoe, Mar 23, 2012.

1. beats beats beats

2. Not really. You'd be surprised how different you see things when your "hobby" is more beneficial financially than that of a graduate's career path (when you are in school following that same format).

By all means don't just jump off the deep end (quit your job, stop school etc). Try the waters and if it feels good, chase your dreams.

"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare"

3. You dont have to spend your life addicted to smack, homeless on the street giving handjobs for crack, follow the plan and very soon you wil say "it's easy mmmmkay"

Step one instead of ass say buns

4. Keep it as a hobby, you're not going to make money even comparable to a minimum wage job (full time at min wage is a little over $200 a week) or even any money. Chances are you won't be topping the charts anytime soon, so just keep the job and still make beats. Making music as a job is the same dream of SO many people that just "have that gut feeling" they can make it far. Hate to break reality to you, but just keep doin what you're doing.

5. I swear i had to read this whole post twice to realize he wasn't talking about these:
    [​IMG]

6. Uhh...common sense man lol

7. If hes "good" at making beats and knows how to sell and promote/network he can make double min wage easily. Making it your job isn't hard, winning grammys and getting REAL BIG money is where it becomes the difficult.

If its for you, you'll know.

I hate to see someone have a dream that I know can PARTIALLY come true with a good work ethic get the "dreams don't keep the lights on" treatment.

8. I'd love to hear some beats when you have the time

9. Lets hear it brotha, I'll give you my honest opinion.

10. soundcloud nowwwww, i have a friend that in the same boat as you except hes a rapper. If your shits on point i might just let him know so he can get you out there more. Its all about applying yourself.

11. Wtf where the link??

12. I don't know man. Stick with the job for sure but keep on doing it as a hobby. Have the job so you have a steady flow of some money (and so you can afford to toke :smoke:) and have the beats as a hobby that you get baked at and make beats. Keep it up though for sure. Trust me, most weed enthusiasts would love making music for a living. We're all rock star dreamers at heart :smoking:

13. Beats seem pretty good man, I say keep up with school and finish it so you have a fall back until you gain recognition.

14. The second beat got me pumped it was by far my favorite, i loved the horns. The First one is all right there is way too much going on you should cut out a lot of unnecessary stuff. The third one was my least favorite, it sounded like trap music and I'm not really into that stuff. Overall it sounds like you have some potential I think you should keep it up but don't quit school just to make beats.

15. [quote name='"OriginUnknown"']Beats seem pretty good man, I say keep up with school and finish it so you have a fall back until you gain recognition.[/quote]

Thanks man

16. [quote name='"Bigchiefpotleaf"']The second beat got me pumped it was by far my favorite, i loved the horns. The First one is all right there is way too much going on you should cut out a lot of unnecessary stuff. The third one was my least favorite, it sounded like trap music and I'm not really into that stuff. Overall it sounds like you have some potential I think you should keep it up but don't quit school just to make beats.[/quote]

Thanks man. Ya the first one has a lot going on but when I made it a lot of ppl liked the excess fill. And the last one is kind of a trap beat I'm working on. With that busta rhymes feel

17. [quote name='"CyclicDreams"']

I don't know man. Stick with the job for sure but keep on doing it as a hobby. Have the job so you have a steady flow of some money (and so you can afford to toke :smoke:) and have the beats as a hobby that you get baked at and make beats. Keep it up though for sure. Trust me, most weed enthusiasts would love making music for a living. We're all rock star dreamers at heart :smoking:[/quote]

That we are. Thanks brah keep sds.

18. [quote name='"BombedUp"']

Not really. You'd be surprised how different you see things when your "hobby" is more beneficial financially than that of a graduate's career path (when you are in school following that same format).

By all means don't just jump off the deep end (quit your job, stop school etc). Try the waters and if it feels good, chase your dreams.

"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare"[/quote]

Real talk. Thanks man

19. [quote name='"Pickle McSmurf"']You dont have to spend your life addicted to smack, homeless on the street giving handjobs for crack, follow the plan and very soon you wil say "it's easy mmmmkay"

Step one instead of ass say buns[/quote]

Lmao. Thanks?