I need a quick advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Fysal, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Sup
    I was planning on making a grow box and grow for the first time with a random seed. The problem is I'm very low on budget.
    So the point is I accidentally germinated the seed and I still have nothing.
    What are some quick things I can do until next week when I get money?
    And yeah, it's a problem that it'll go to waist because it's really hard for me to get any seeds.
    :smoke:

2. CFL Lighting from Home Depot/Lowes/Hardware Store - 6500k Spectrum
    Soil + Pot

Place light over germinated seed, 2-3 inches away. Water accordingly. You will want to know the pH of your water, so get a pH meter if you can afford it.

3. Thanks bro, but should I put it in a closed or open place?
    I'm very nervous about all this and I don't want it to screw up

4. you can do it anywhere right now, its so small, it wont stink or anything, just leave a small light on it 24/7 till you get your cab setup.

5. All I could buy is soil and a pot because the electronics shop is closed.
    It will only open in 2 days (in Israel, the law is under religion) so I put the seed in the pot on the roof next to the flowers and other plants we have. Will it be ok up there for 2-3 days?

It's not in the same pot with the flowers, just next to them.. I don't know why I mentioned this o_O

6. (in Israel, the law is under religion) What do you mean, you guys have religious weed? If thats the case you should just grow it out side cause it will work out a lot better for you if you have no money for equipment and the growing conditions are right... How many hours of light a day do you guys get and what are the min temps in f?

7. I wish. I meant that friday and saturday are "holy" days and therefore the electronics store is closed in these days.

average temps are 84 daytime and 75.2 nighttime, +-2 every other day
    the roof gets like 7-8 hours of direct sun
    oh and there's a light (looks warm, has a plastic cover) like 11" above the pot a little to the side, should I keep it on or turn it off?

8. #8 housefullOweed, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010
    Damn and i thought stores closing early on sunday sucked...
    Well if the light cycle is below 18/6 you will want to bring the plant in and put it under a light after the sun is gone to keep from accidentally inducing flowering, but there is nothing wrong with getting your plants some sun.

9. That light is fine but you are gonna need a hell of a lot more than one of them, 100 actual watts of cfl is needed per plant minimum, and i don't like the planter due to its strange shape its gonna be a bitch to find something bigger to transplant into. When picking out a pot make sure it has good drainage.

10. I have lots of pots up on the roof with different shapes, all of them have holes for drainage so I think that will be fine.
    So if I use this light only how will it affect the plant? Will it grow slower, smaller or not grow at all?
    Oh and I'm planning on growing it not so big, just about the size of a PC case or even a bit smaller.

11. Well cfls like the one you have are fine for veging but they are not very good for flowering it will effect the size of the plant and the yield, but since you are keeping the plant small it will be alright. When you flip to flower you will want to replace those bulbs you are using with 2500k ish bulbs these are the best spectrum for flowering and will promote better growth.

12. Yeah I'm gonna get a couple for flowering when the time comes. My problem now is that I'm really bad when it comes to electronics, should I use a desk lamp or wire up some sockets?