I need a new religion!

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by RapMeARiver, Jan 7, 2013.

1. I need religion in my daily life. I need ritual and purpose. I don't need to believe in the existence of it, but I still need to worship it. I want to be spiritual. I considered FSM but he's too goofy. I could try to embrace his noodililess. I guess I want to create my own.

What is your religion? Has anyone made one?

2. im not knocking you but i really dont understand why you would worship a religion if you dont truly believe it. it sounds kinda pointless :(

3. Instead, you could just let the colorful magic of life and the universe be a spiritual thing in itself.

4. Lets try to make up a religion that everyone would benefit from following

1. The god will be the universe and everyone in it
    2. The main rule is to do unto others as you would have done unto yourself

Anyone have more ideas for it?

5. I wonder is that how Christianity got here.. Someone just made it up?

6. So your basically saying you want other people to think for you! come on you dont need religion to be spiritual. In fact it seems to me like modern religion discourages spiritual experience because it promotes individual thought and takes away from the religious "Leaders" power over others.

7. Join Movementarianism, the leader knows all and sees all. No one can stand against the leader. The leader will one day open the doors of the forbidden barn and lead us movementarianist followers to the great planet of Blisstonia. Come future comrade, wont you join us on our great conquest to eternal salvation?

8. All religions were and are fabricated by man as well as used to explain that which cannot be explained or understood.

9. Correct.

10. I knew this shit was a conspiracy!

11. How can Christianity be a made up religion if God sent his only son to die for our sins? I just don't get it.:confused_2:

12. How do u kno he sent him.. Cuz ur religion tells u so.... But do u have proof?

13. I do, the infallible good book says so.

14. But thats ur only proof right

15. Nope, I have the holy spirit that gives me the revelation that this bible is the word of God.

16. I feel u.. I am christian too but when u really think bout it.. Thats no hardcore proof about any religion..its all word of mouth

17. Try shamanism. Youll get into real touch with nature and ur spirit

18. Lmao so ridiculous. "The bible has to be real because its 1500+ years old." I'm sorry but there's no way you can find written scrolls in the dirt and claim they were from God or his messengers. It's crazy how they found it in caves and buried and they believe it to the T. You don't even know who wrote it or why. No offense anyone, I'm catholic myself. I just don't believe all the hype.

19. Guys, think about it. If evolution was true and Christianity isn't, then why are there still monkies?

20. truth.com