I need a new News website. Unbiased.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xpixiex, Feb 8, 2012.

1. So, for a while there, I liked RT.com. It was okay. But now it seems pretty biased. I feel like I'm being spoonfed a way to think. Kind of like watching Fox News and the majority of news out there. I want my news unbiased. No opinions at all. Just facts, if possible. With neither positive nor negative statements from the people who are writing the news articles.

Can you help a blade out?:)

2. I don't think such website or source exists..

I like:

drudgereport.com
    zerohedge.com
    with a solid combination of youtube channel subscriptions like adamvstheman, peter schiff, moxnews etc..

3. this websites not bad

4. Are you serious? He said non-bias. How disingenuous are you trying to be? Shame on you.

Reuters live news feed. Bounce back from site to site on a topic and examine each viewpoint: CNN, BBC, TheGuardian, Al Jazeera, RT, FBN, PressTV

Don't get swamped into confirmation bias, there is never "one unbiased news source"

5. thing is..

there is not one source for news. you need to look at lots of sources

6. try a European newspaper I'm not sure a non-biased news source even exists in the United States anymore. I would recommend Reason magazine but it does have a libertarian bias. However even Hank Moody the anti-libertarian finds it worth while to read. The problem is you might find a news source with non biased writing but the bias might be in their story selection. Good luck!

7. try the onion

8. arnack is right, reuters seems pretty legit.

i read some NYT, some Al Jaz, read articles from all over posted on this website, read this website, wikipedia stuff.

some places like the economist and other various news sources arent bad. opinion columns, are, in my opinion, to be read only for facts listed and for opinion or bias to be ignored.

dunno man.

NOTHING on the television. nothing.

9. C-span is completely unbiased, no comments at all, nothing but what's actually happening.

Well, at least when you can stay awake enough to pay attention... :laughing:

Still it would be so fun to watch live right when Dr. Paul gets to give a speech! :yay: I wonder if theres a way to know beforehand when he's going to give one? But I think the members have to request their speaking time, so I don't think there is...:(

10. Propublica

They have an app and a website and are 100% not biased towards any particular group or party.

Simply facts baby, simply facts.

11. I try not to follow current events, and shrug off politics. That's far easier than trying to find unbiased news. Unbiased news isn't even noble, it's a false standard created that I think causes more harm than good, if anything. It's usually fairly obvious when someone is being biased, and being able to apply your critical thinking faculties to shed bias and to see the truth in what someone is saying, even through layers of bias, is far more important than 'unbiased' news coverage.

12. BBC is my favourite. It's much better than any American news source anyway.

13. BBC has been censored so many times by the British government I wouldn't use them.

14. Better than most American stations. I couldn't find a single non biased station when I was living there! :eek:

15. Glad I decided to backread before posting, because I was about to type out a pretty much identical response. I read the New York Times almost exclusively nowadays. I know I should probably branch out more often, but I'm lazy and they have free copies of the thing all over campus. I like to be able to hold the physical paper in my hands even if it makes me look like some kind of a hipster.

Objective journalism is a contradiction of terms. A well-refined bullshit meter is the only way to separate fact from fiction. Well, it's rarely as black and white as fact or fiction, but you know what I mean. It's important to be able to analyze beliefs without adopting them as your own.