I Need A New Email

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Mr.Otter, Apr 15, 2014.

1. #1 Mr.Otter, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
    I'm tired of Google and how they keep pushing Google+ on me and trying to combine my Youtube and Google account.

I just want an email that isn't going to bother the hell out of me with their crappy new products and social networks. Suggestions?

2. You can try yahoo mail. Their new layout is quite similar to how gmail looks so you'll get used to it right away.

3. They have a nice clean Android app too, not sure about Apple app

4. I'd say yahoo is a step in the opposite direction..

5. Yeah, Google's been doing that for awhile. It actually surprised me how much of my personal information is public once they started linking everything. Instagram is another one that surprised me. Like, holy shit everyone with my phone number now has access to any images I post. Same for snapchat and facebook. If you leave it at default settings not knowing any better, you'll have every ex and family member up in your shit.

6. I like Gmail a lot :(

I remember when they were in beta and you could only get an invite only to have an account. I felt soooo damn VIP for like a day, then everyone had a gmail account.

It doesn't bug me, YouTube annoys me, and I only watch it when I want to learn something about a product or cat videos. It's easy to avoid google+ and only use gmail for gmail.

Instead of changing your email, why not watch awesome videos at wimp.com instead.

Omega369

7. #9 The Stud, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
    outlook (hotmail)? 

wow, I feel like such a noob for even suggesting it. I 

8. then get a new email...