I need a little bit of help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jbparlo, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I recently decided that I want to finally grow my own bud.

I am looking for some help designing a grow box. Please don't just tell me to search through the forums, I don't want to do that, I would much rather have someone to talk to and discuss the grow box design, and help me with it.

I am looking to build a small grow box to house 3-5 plants. It needs to look like a wardrobe, and has to have a lock on the outside. I need it to have the proper filtration with carbon filters so no smell AT ALL comes out, as I am living in a residential neighbourhood.

I am hoping that it won't be too tall, max like 5 feet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Depending on where you live, a "Pantry" will work great you can pick them up from walmart for around $80, sometime theya re on kijiji, you can get a cheap on, and make your own.

3. Be careful sometimes the carbon filters aren't enough. The smell gets really intense during the flowering stage.

Also keep in mind that you are not working with a lot of room so keep the light structure 4" away from the top of the plants so they do not elongate and "reach" (grow) towards the light.

4. #4 Doc-J, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
    Yep, even with a negative pressure system, when you open the door to the box, smell will escape. Mine doesn't get next door with the filter on, but you can smell it inside the house for a little while if I am watering or anything.

5. If i bought a pantry or cupboard, I am worried that because the doors won't be airtight when closed that even with a carbon filter smell will leak out.

I am not worried about the smell that leaks when I water the plants, I smoke in my house all day so it always smells like weed. I just don't want constant land growing smell.

6. One of our Members here, makes wine very near his closet. The slight acrid smell masks the smell, but doesn't effect the plants.
    Duality of production… I liked that idea!

:D

7. If he is worried about smells leaking into other apartments or whatever he could just carbon filter the room rather than the tent or grow box. You would need a larger filter and fan but this would deal with it and the surrounding area as well and there would be no need to air seal the grow box.

8. I can't just carbon filer the room, i am renting a room in a house and i can't install something like that, i need it all to be in one compact grow box.

I know online you can order complete hydroponic grow boxes, are there any that are worth buying?

9. Try a a small grow tent with a led ufo light in your closet and use the topping method to increase yield. And get a feminised strain. The led runs cool and not as much ventilation is needed

10. I don't have a closet... I need a grow box

11. Pcgrowbox has s growbox that resemble a dresser

12. i know you don't want to search the forums, but you do want to grow good weed right? just look in here for a grow set up that is similar to what you want. we can't hold your hand through the whole thing.... okay... we kind of can, but you can answer 99% of all your questions by studying in the forum. you have to have a basic knowledge of how to grow on your own then allow us to grow with you. start a journal when you are ready and some professionals would love to kick in advice. you will be more likely to get help when you are trying to help yourself and research and study all you can. good luck...

Indoor Grow Journals - Grasscity.com Forums