I need a list

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PlugTownOhio, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Basically pretty simple guys, I am going to be ordering seeds, pots, Mylar, and whatever else I could possibly need to start my own 2-3 plants. I have my seeds picked out already from herbies, super excited to see what's going to happen. But my biggest concern, what kind of soil & size of plants do you think work the best . An if anyone could just maybe have a list of supplies, I don't have anything yet, I planned on using cfl's just my first time and see what happens.

P.S. I live in a fairly large city, so I should be able to find everything around town right?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. go to home deopt

3. #3 brixfix, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
    These same questions are asked multiple times everyday. Read forums on here, the answers are the same answers. Everybody has different ideas to what's best. Everyone has different grow styles and techniques. Do some research and come up with a game plan, then people can help you with advice instead of just doing all the leg work for you. Without knowing a budget, size of grow space and what growing style and goals you want, its difficult just to say here do this. 2 plants can be grown inside a computer tower or can fill out a 4'x 4' grow tent, budget and space. For example I would suggest if your going to properly grow 2-3 full size plants I wouldn't use CFLs because in my opinion the cost of the amount of CFLs needed and the draw backs of the cfls would be greater then just buying a cheaper hps/mh light. The next guy to come along might say differently. Same things for nutrients and grow styles, you need some kind of game plan so people can give advice. I live in the boonies and find all supplies needed, some in places you wouldn't think of. What I can't find I order online. But see there again that depends on where you live, we don't know what's available in your area or are you willing to pay shipping costs.

4. also, no matter how big of city you live in, you won't find any gardening supplies locally anywhere, all there will be is Christmas lights
    get online, go to amazon

you'll need some pots some soil and a timer, and you're on your way (and if you're picky like me, a special watering can)

5. Search is indeed your friend.

6. Get some solo cups for starting seeds. If you fill a clear cup with soil and keep the clear cup inside of a colored cup, you can take the clear cup out to check the rootball and easily see when it's time to transplant. The colored cup on the outside protects the roots from lights. Then get some 1 gallon pots for veg, and 3 gallon for flowering. Unless you want to go bigger and get 5 gallons for flowering. It's up to you. I'm vegging in 3 gallons and flowering in 5. I tried CFL's with no luck. You can get a cheap 150w HPS online as for as little as $50 bucks. And T5's are great for veg but you could get away with the CFL's for that stage I supose. I just know that I spent more on CFL' and attachments, plugs etc when I first startef than I did on a better set up cost now. You will need hooks and chains to hang the lights.

Solo cups
    Veg pots 1-3 gallon
    Flowering pots 3-5 gallons
    Trays for runoff
    Organic soil (Not MG)
    Lights + hardware to to hang them
    Watering can
    Fan and/or Heater
    PH/Moisture reader
    Thermometor/Humidty Reader

You will want all of these things for a successful grow but you can get the most important things now and add more gear as you go. You shouldn't need nutrients for a couple weeks at least. A nursery, garden center, or hydro store should have everything you need. Look online for what you can't find locally, and for the lights. You will get a good deal from 1000Bulbs.com

7. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apollo-Horticulture-400-Watt-MH-HPS-Grow-Light-System-Set-Kit-for-Plant-Growing-/191055700117?pt=US_Hydroponics&var=&hash=item2c7bcea095&afsrc=1